wheel spacers and extended lug nuts

hey.. i'm thinking of putting on 20mm wheel spacers on my car.. however i think this will make it so that my lug nuts are too short to fit... if i get extended lug nuts would that work? or will i have to go through the process of extending the studs? anyone know?

2008 BMW 550i M Sport

Build coming soon!

2000 Volvo s40 1.9T
Pioneer DVD navigation head unit
O2 audio performance mid range speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-6 Pro Mid Range Speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-8 Pro Mid Range Speakers
4 Selenium ST200 Super Tweeters
Hifonics ZRX2000.4 Amplifier
2- 12 inch DC Audio Level 4 m2
Hifonics Brutus BXI-1610D Amplifier

2 KinetiK HC1400R- Secondary Batteries
Kinetik HC600- Secondary Battery
Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge big 3 upgrade

the more expensive ones have those.. that are like 90 a pair and are like 1.5 inchs thick.. the ones i was looking at are more like 20 mm and are like 20 bucks and don't have the extra studs.. just holes to go over the studs that are there

2008 BMW 550i M Sport

Build coming soon!

2000 Volvo s40 1.9T
Pioneer DVD navigation head unit
O2 audio performance mid range speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-6 Pro Mid Range Speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-8 Pro Mid Range Speakers
4 Selenium ST200 Super Tweeters
Hifonics ZRX2000.4 Amplifier
2- 12 inch DC Audio Level 4 m2
Hifonics Brutus BXI-1610D Amplifier

2 KinetiK HC1400R- Secondary Batteries
Kinetik HC600- Secondary Battery
Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge big 3 upgrade

the ones for 90 a pair are to change the lug pattern not a spacer.

the spacer your talking about would only have a benifit if you are using wheels that are to wide to fit with out the spacer. so if your will is 1" to wide you need a 1" spacer if it is only 20mm to wide then a 20mm spacer will work. if the wheels arent to wide then the spacer is pointless.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

the spacer your talking about would only have a benifit if you are using wheels that are to wide to fit with out the spacer. so if your will is 1" to wide you need a 1" spacer if it is only 20mm to wide then a 20mm spacer will work. if the wheels arent to wide then the spacer is pointless.

Wrong. They make spacers with studs in them that are just that....spacers. The bolt pattern will remain the same.

There's more than just getting a 1" spacer if your wheel is too wide. The width AND the backpacking both need to be factored in before using spacers.

Wrong. They make spacers with studs in them that are just that....spacers. The bolt pattern will remain the same.

There's more than just getting a 1" spacer if your wheel is too wide. The width AND the backpacking both need to be factored in before using spacers.

Well if there are spacers with studs on them that keep the pattern the same that's new to me and I was just giving a general discription of what a wheel spacer is used for.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.