Sonic Electronix

So here is the comparison with dmm. The original color is gray but i painted this one black to match the car. Also there is only a power and ground so you put a switch in between or use a relay to turn it off and on.

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

http://www.stevemead...67#entry2095667 Post 2514 shows how to use a relay.

2012-08-08_14-32-36_818.jpg

you also have to realize your DMM is from harbor freight. IDK how accurate it is

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use xscorpion but I hate it. It's too bright and flashes from 14.1-14.0 too quickly. Does give a good reading tho make sure ur wires are like 16 gauge if ur running from front to back. Can't wait for SMD VM I'm buying one presale

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

i got a stinger right now so far no problems, how i wired my was the postive and neg went to the battery then the remote went to the amp turn on wire,

Yeah that would be a good wway, didn't think about the turn on wire. Jjust an easier way to install a switch I guess lol

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

I have 2 of the stinger ones and they have worked perfect for well over a year now... I have 2 blue ones because my speedometer and tachometer are blue...I've never had any issues with how bright they are at night and they are both in plain view, never been pulled over for them or questioned about them.

603163_10150838159777396_463786011_n.jpg

I have 2 of the stinger ones and they have worked perfect for well over a year now... I have 2 blue ones because my speedometer and tachometer are blue...I've never had any issues with how bright they are at night and they are both in plain view, never been pulled over for them or questioned about them.

Are they illegal to have?

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Are they illegal to have?

thats kinda iffy or a gray area.... depends on the officer or who ever you encounter, as with any aftermarket lightening it can be considered a distraction to other drivers if its viewable outside the vehicle...youd have to check your state and local laws...for instance here ins SC anything red blue and/or flashing is iilegal anywhere onthe vehicle...

its one of those things that common sense comes into play, chances are if your not speeding or doing something else stupid or jamming out full tilt around a cop you arent going to get pulled over or cited for it.

I have never had any issues at all with them where they are at and have been since installed, most of the ones made are either red or blue, if its to bring do like someone else suggested and put some tint over it to dim it some, you could even use a relay and attach it to the dimmer switch for your dash lights, or even techforce makes these...http://techforcepcservices.com/shop/viewitem.php?productid=569

curious too, what problems have people had with the stinger? I recommend them because i have never had a problem with mine...is it just the brightness? I do have the red with the "stinger" taped over

The only problem I have with mines is on one of the numbers the top part went out. I hear alot of people have that problem with the numbers going out but I still use it and other than that works great.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/