Sundown Audio

How loud can a single sa8v2 really get

I'm not talking numbers, I'm talking everyday music, rap, rock, ect. I have yet to hear one but I know they are well talked about. What mainstream subwoofers will compare to a single sa8v2 on a ap15001d amp (turned down I'm sure)? I have read about what they can do but like I said the proof is in the sound, and no one around here has one that I can hear. I currently have two type r 10s in 2cubs net @38hrz on that audiopipe amp. It sounds alright, tuned to high for me, but how would a single little 8 in a recomeded enclosure compare? Sorry if this has been asked before but If you were to say that this 8 would be comparable to lets say a single type r 12 then I could better judge the output of it.

in reality you can just say it will be louder or quieter. there are SO many factors playing that any judgement is essentially useless. all i can say is that they get loud for an 8, my loud is different from your thought of loud, and probably different from anyone else opinion of loud. i CAN tell you they dont sound like 8's with how much throw they have.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Testimonials of what?

There are no verses threads and this can get into that category real quick

As was pointed out yours, mine and everyone else's opinion on what loud means is different to everyone out there.

You'll just have to go out and try to find the ones that in your opinion get loud to you, the biggest determining factor in any situation will be the enclosure.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

One 8" won't be louder than your system. Maybe you should try another box ? Play with net volume, port area, lower tuning, subs & port placement, box palcement in the car,...etc

If you want to test this sub, get at least 2, or 3 or 4 of them on your amplifier !

Usually I see pics with at least 2 SA8 per box.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I saw bass barbie did about 145 iirc on two SA-8 v2 subs. sooooooooo 72db give or take a few db

Edit: but really, it all depends on your box, placement, your car, power.... etc it's too hard to tell. best way I would gather info would be to ask others who ran a single 8

Edited by Crandis16