Sundown Audio

How loud can a single sa8v2 really get

I saw bass barbie did about 145 iirc on two SA-8 v2 subs. sooooooooo 72db give or take a few db

Edit: but really, it all depends on your box, placement, your car, power.... etc it's too hard to tell. best way I would gather info would be to ask others who ran a single 8

^ The decibal system isent linear.. as in all things equal in the above setup with only one woofer it would be in the 130's. General rule of thumb for all that is double the wattage +3db (small but noticeable), double the surface area +10db (double perceived volume)

it's a joke and an old old post lol

ear o meter i'm guessing my car is doing mid to low 130's with a single SA-8v2 on a DC3.5k at 2 ohm.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I saw bass barbie did about 145 iirc on two SA-8 v2 subs. sooooooooo 72db give or take a few db

Edit: but really, it all depends on your box, placement, your car, power.... etc it's too hard to tell. best way I would gather info would be to ask others who ran a single 8

^ The decibal system isent linear.. as in all things equal in the above setup with only one woofer it would be in the 130's. General rule of thumb for all that is double the wattage +3db (small but noticeable), double the surface area +10db (double perceived volume)

You can't just look at what equipment someone has and make a generalization about how loud it is. The install is usually more important than the equipment itself.

And double the surface area is +3db if you don't run into phasing issues or loading problems.

You can't just look at what equipment someone has and make a generalization about how loud it is. The install is usually more important than the equipment itself.

And double the surface area is +3db if you don't run into phasing issues or loading problems.

thats why I said "all things equal" just a reference. and two drivers wired in parallel your going to get more then +3db

2x Sundown SA-15s 8 cubes tuned to 30hz sealed in trunk Soundstream Rub 1.1600 Soundstream Rub 5.800 4x Kinetik hc600

what song is that in the video?

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Ray told you to put a dd8 in 1.5 cubes? Really doesnt sound like a box he would recommend at all.

My bad, bad memory.

It is indeed 1.3, tuned to 38Hz, with a single 4" aero port

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

• 3 weeks later...

All I can say is I have tested this one.

I was curious when I bought these. I ran one 8 in a .75 @ 35hz and it hit a 133.8. This was in a 99 mercury cougar powered by a Hifonics BZR1200 at about 700~ watts