I don't have anything specific to say for the car...

But remember to fuse, keep the wire away from things that get hot or move (serpentine belt / exhaust)

And for the engine ground: That off one of the alternator bolts and ground to that

Fuse goes next to the battery on the wire coming from the alternator. You could probably get away without it if it's fairly direct from the alternator and the battery, but I would still suggest fusing it. If you really want to be safe, fuse the wire next to the alt too. That way if it shorts out, both the battery and alternator will be protected

Edited by SnowDrifter

I also have never fused my charge wire from the alt to battery. As long as you run the wire where it won't rub or get cut there is no need to.

I would get some shrink tubing for the ends, and you will need a torch and solder or if you prefer to crimp a large crimper. Don't forget zip ties so you can tie up the wires nicely, and you will need a way to clean off the metal you will use for a chassis ground.

A good place to ground is right to the bolt for the alternator mount. And of course sand the frame down to shiny metal. Sometimes primer will look like bare metal when you are under your truck with limited lighting so take a flashlight with you and make sure. Use good quality fasteners on the frame, like a 3/8 bolt. Maybe put a lock washer and/or a jam nut on it just to make sure vibration doesn't make the ground come loose. Other than that, i think your are good to go.