MA8's 4th order, 8th order, simple ported. Opinions wanted.

why are you tuning so high?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

That 4 th had way too small of a ratio.... hence why u cut it up

Think 2 cubes ported to 1 sealed minimum.... pr 3 ported 1 sealed

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Well how does it sound?

Currently the one I have in my car in an old .35 cube sealed box on a RF Pbr300.1 sounds great, unfortunately we had to reverse mount it because the box was so small . I forgot to throw up my decaf vid:

Cell phone camera sucks and doesn't do the sub justice. My pair of MA80xe's never hit like that and that is just one Skar in the same boxes the MA80xe's were in for a few months.

So you are saying basically a 2:1 ratio? So if I ever decide to make another .75 sealed and 1.5 ported would be more optimum?

zr2usasig.jpg

Yeah, it's slower than your bowel movements.

No offense but if you think an 8th order is just 2 simple ported boxes firing at each other then you have MUCH to learn. And 48hz is REALLY high tuning for a daily box.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

No offense but if you think an 8th order is just 2 simple ported boxes firing at each other then you have MUCH to learn. And 48hz is REALLY high tuning for a daily box.

When I posted that I was referring to this and using a 3" thick baffle:

isoquasi8dualbpass.gif

I also never said the subs fired at each other and I didn't realize they had a port between the chambers.

Edited by Slobalt7

zr2usasig.jpg

Yeah, it's slower than your bowel movements.

Well how does it sound?

Currently the one I have in my car in an old .35 cube sealed box on a RF Pbr300.1 sounds great, unfortunately we had to reverse mount it because the box was so small . I forgot to throw up my decaf vid:

Cell phone camera sucks and doesn't do the sub justice. My pair of MA80xe's never hit like that and that is just one Skar in the same boxes the MA80xe's were in for a few months.

So you are saying basically a 2:1 ratio? So if I ever decide to make another .75 sealed and 1.5 ported would be more optimum?

Very nice for a single 8 sealed! We need to get more videos of these things up. Still waiting for some parts got get mine up and beating