MA8's 4th order, 8th order, simple ported. Opinions wanted.

So we finally finished glassing the box today, I got some 12G wire at a local shop(that will remain unmentioned due to them being horrible) made by QPower and it looks like 14G with thick insulation it claims AWG status and it is solid copper wire, not CCA so I guess I can't complain much. Wired the subs at 4 ohms each then ran them in parallel which gave me a 2 ohm load. Checked the finished product and it came out to 1.8 ohms.... Badass. Got the box in the car, wired to the amp and........ nothing. One of the wires inside the box came out of the connection, checked the resistance again and nada... Popped the sub over the terminals out and fixed the wiring. Threw them back in the car, wired them up and put on White Clouds by Decaf. At 24 seconds the skies parted and the hand of God covered my ears with the loudest bass my car has ever experienced. All at (rated, not clamped)150WRMS. Bass was at the middle like in the above video and judging by the feeling dyno I am pretty confident it was around 130db. Definitely impressed. Seems to hit best between 42-50 htz on my tester cd and I can not wait to get a new amp. I swear I will go deaf. Lol. Bumped it for about 30 minutes on the way home on some Decaf, the bass hit so hard when I got home I could feel it in my throat... Overall these are some mean motherfuckers and I was not prepared for what I experienced.

I am loving it.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

zr2usasig.jpg

Yeah, it's slower than your bowel movements.

Thanks for the input, I have already started building a box using my MA80XE's for testing. I am going with a 4th order with a sealed side of 1.0CF and a ported side of 1.5 with a 11.5" port. I figured I would try it and if it doesn't work I am just going to cut off the port side and run it sealed for a while.

183754_3248553267157_1262996623_n.jpg

The side is going to be removable so I can access the subs at any time, I also put my bolt terminals on the removable section too with about a foot of play in the wiring.

Just need to finish sealing it, finish the rewire, 'glass the inside/out and paint, then it will be done and I will know if my efforts were fruitless.

More people on this forum need to do what you did. Just build it, and if the first box doesn't do what you want than build another box.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Um... no? All I can smell in my car is fiberglass resin from glassing the inside of the box. I ran decaf when I had one of them inverted in another box but it barely got more than warm. I am only running 150wrms though.

zr2usasig.jpg

Yeah, it's slower than your bowel movements.