Second Skin Audio

Building new box TOMORROW, need input tonight please :D Dual SA-12 build.

Planning has to be done today and building tomorrow as I go off to College in like 2 days... I'm building a new box, and picking up another SA-12 (already have 1 at the moment) running off a BRZ1700.1D.

Sundown recommends 1.75cuft per subwoofer, I assume this is after displacements? The box size I am looking to build right now is 32W/14.5H/23D with a 4" slot port, which is a gross volume of 4.922 before port/subwoofer/45 displacements.

I will be sealing off the trunk of my Cobalt SS sedan in the nearish future, therefore the port will be on the front (same face as the subs). Will it matter if the port is in between the subs or if the port shares a wall with the box?

As far as port length goes, I used a mixture of the12volt.com and RE Audio box calculator to calculate tuning, and I'd like some input. I want it tuned between 32hz and 34hz (doesn't really matter too much to me, it's a daily driver). Right now, in the RE Audio calculator I have that box with a 4" slot port, 30" long. After port displacement my it says my volume is 4.021, each subwoofer is .14 displacement if I remember correctly, so -.28 = ~3.741cuft before I add in 45's? Therefore if I use small 45's in all the corners, ~3.5cuft and the 30" of port length should be perfect for a ~33hz output correct? Did I do any of my math wrong? Will 45's and a double baffle be enough bracing?

Re box calc sucks your tuning will be off

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

45s have shown to hurt people in scores. It will save wood if the port shares a wall. Have you look into trying torres box calculator in the enclosure section?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

45s have shown to hurt people in scores. It will save wood if the port shares a wall. Have you look into trying torres box calculator in the enclosure section?

Saving wood isn't an issue. I've never heard of 45's hurting people's scores? And I don't know how to use torres box calculator :( which is why I was hoping someone would double check and help me out :P

In did read the post that's why I said it have fun figuring it our on your own

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

torres box builder is idiot proof all you do is plug in measurements and it does all the calculations.

i did it for u

14.5H X 38W X 23D

port 4W X 13H X 30L

.28 for sub displacement

.08 for bracing

.17 xtra baffle displacement

after displacement comes to 3.20 @33.97hz

that gives you 1.6 per sub, which is within the 1.5-2.0 cu ft recommended, that should be fine

Edited by jlh2003

torres box builder is idiot proof all you do is plug in measurements and it does all the calculations.

i did it for u

14.5H X 38W X 23D

port 4W X 13H X 30L

.28 for sub displacement

.08 for bracing

.17 xtra baffle displacement

after displacement comes to 3.20 @33.97hz

that gives you 1.6 per sub, which is within the 1.5-2.0 cu ft recommended, that should be fine

Thanks :D I was planning on mounting the extra baffle outside the box, but I guess I can extend the box .75" in Depth and throw that in there so I don't have that extra .17 displacement.