Mechman Alternators

the reason that company A has found a way to do it and company B either hasnt or doesnt feel it can live up to their standards. the companies you are referencing are reputable companies and are not going to produce something that doesnt live up to their standards.

so are you saying Mechman & Excessive have higher standards then DC Power? Just curious at to your opinion

Belt wrap is the amount of contact the belt has to the surface of the pulley. some cars have I higher percentage of wrap than others and that pretty much determines if your going to have a lot or a little slip. It doesn't matter if you have a new tensioner or a new belt thats tightened down beyond a normally torqued in belt. That belt will wear out and stretch over time and add to that when the alt begins to put a demand to make power it will slip.

All companies put some good amount of R&D into the units they sell but they all focus into different models at different times throughout the years. The bottom line is to understand if one company has what you need and the other one doesn't the decision process should be pretty straight forward, or its up to you to wait if they say " there will be one for your car in about 3 to 6 months " Maybe there will be something for you and maybe within that time frame it just wasn't safe or performance wise it just wasn't beneficial for the company and more importantly to you.

Good luck in which ever way you go but remember that belt slip happens when there's less belt contact to the pulley as everything is going as the engine is on. This video shows a good example of improving belt slip.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Ive used both a Mechman 250 or something around that and a DC 270 xp on my 95 honda when I had it. The Mechman slipped a ton and eventually all the tightening to get rid of it broke the belt during a fult tilt music bump while driving down the highway. with the DC I rarely ever heard it slip or saw signs of belt wear from slipping. I think one reason DC has the honda stuff is because they have a guy working there that had a honda so they researched on his car a lot.

If you look on the honda its belt wrap is terrible, and the DC alt was just more efficient so it required less friction to get it spinning. Mechman is a great company, and its what I run now in my jeep, the only problems I ever had was with the honda slipping, but thats more hondas fault. Thats most likely why they dont make many big units for them anymore.

Also a good belt will help out, gates green stripe is a nice sticky belt

Ive got the DC alt forsale too :)

Ive used both a Mechman 250 or something around that and a DC 270 xp on my 95 honda when I had it. The Mechman slipped a ton and eventually all the tightening to get rid of it broke the belt during a fult tilt music bump while driving down the highway. with the DC I rarely ever heard it slip or saw signs of belt wear from slipping. I think one reason DC has the honda stuff is because they have a guy working there that had a honda so they researched on his car a lot.

If you look on the honda its belt wrap is terrible, and the DC alt was just more efficient so it required less friction to get it spinning. Mechman is a great company, and its what I run now in my jeep, the only problems I ever had was with the honda slipping, but thats more hondas fault. Thats most likely why they dont make many big units for them anymore.

Also a good belt will help out, gates green stripe is a nice sticky belt

Ive got the DC alt forsale too :)

wont fit my 2009 honda :P

but one of the 95-99 guys will like it i think.. maybe hatersgonnahate.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Belt slippage is most commonly related to how much of the circumference or surface area of the pulley is covered by the belt. If you have a limited amount of belt wrap, my suggestion would be to possibly change belt length and add a backside idler pulley (which you can get at most auto supply stores). In the proper location, this will allow you to wrap the alternator pulley more completely. If you keep jumping up to higher amperages, more than likely you will lose exponentially more power. That's basically the same thing as taking your money and throwing it into the trash. The 09 civic comes with a 7 groove serpentine belt...so it's definitely not the belt that is causing the problem, unless your belt is not fitted or tensioned properly. I hope this helps.

Michael

Belt slippage is most commonly related to how much of the circumference or surface area of the pulley is covered by the belt. If you have a limited amount of belt wrap, my suggestion would be to possibly change belt length and add a backside idler pulley (which you can get at most auto supply stores). In the proper location, this will allow you to wrap the alternator pulley more completely. If you keep jumping up to higher amperages, more than likely you will lose exponentially more power. That's basically the same thing as taking your money and throwing it into the trash. The 09 civic comes with a 7 groove serpentine belt...so it's definitely not the belt that is causing the problem, unless your belt is not fitted or tensioned properly. I hope this helps.

Michael

It actually does help quite a bit.

More info for us 06-09 guys is amazing and I'll surely take it lol

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

your belt could be slipping and you wont hear it as well BTW

Fox_racin4 is correct. In these instances, another way to diagnose whether you have chronic belt slipping is the presence of black residue on the front cover of your alternator, around the pulley. The actual belt will wear off and the fragments will adhere to your alternator. You may want to check for that, in addition to noise or voltage drops.

:popcorn:

ive linked this thread into our little honda groups discussion.

so when us 4-5 guys get around to buying h/o alts, we know what to look for.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop