Mechman Alternators

its up to you to wait if they say " there will be one for your car in about 3 to 6 months " Maybe there will be something for you and maybe within that time frame it just wasn't safe or performance wise it just wasn't beneficial for the company and more importantly to you.

I've been waiting for the 270 XP for my 1999 Toyota Camry XLE v6 1MZ-FE Motor since May 2012 hoping that they would finish the model for my car. I checked back with DC Power yesterday and it turns out they've 'side tracked' from the project :(

Hello Brian,

Nothing on these yet, we've been side tracked with the amount of orders we have had lately. I'll notify you as soon as they're available.

-----------------------

Best Regards,

Anthony Ledesma

I just placed an ordered on two 12" XL M2"s and still need a strong H/O Alt that can run the DC 5k and charge D2400 + XP3000 without any trouble.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

:popcorn:

ive linked this thread into our little honda groups discussion.

so when us 4-5 guys get around to buying h/o alts, we know what to look for.

If you folks have any other questions relative to this topic please do not hesitate to message me. In addition, we have a ton of info via video on our Youtube channel "mechmanalternators" as well as on Facebook (same name).

its up to you to wait if they say " there will be one for your car in about 3 to 6 months " Maybe there will be something for you and maybe within that time frame it just wasn't safe or performance wise it just wasn't beneficial for the company and more importantly to you.

I've been waiting for the 270 XP for my 1999 Toyota Camry XLE v6 1MZ-FE Motor since May 2012 hoping that they would finish the model for my car. I checked back with DC Power yesterday and it turns out they've 'side tracked' from the project :(

Hello Brian,

Nothing on these yet, we've been side tracked with the amount of orders we have had lately. I'll notify you as soon as they're available.

-----------------------

Best Regards,

Anthony Ledesma

I just placed an ordered on two 12" XL M2"s and still need a strong H/O Alt that can run the DC 5k and charge D2400 + XP3000 without any trouble.

With regards to your Camry, we do offer a 240amp unit that will produce about 140amps at 800RPM with a max amperage reached around 1700-1800RPM. This does come standard with a 2 year parts and labor warranty. If you are interested on moving forward immediately, we are ready to help. Please message me if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you,

Michael

Michael

Only thing else I can add is to be sure what your car idles at. I have seen cases where people buy an alt from whoever just to get a bit of bad luck with car idling right below the alt turn on speed.

If the electrical is your foundation to your audio system start from there and respect its limitations.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

my idle speed looks like its around 650 rpm.. i can get a pic if you want it

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Sheena, whenever we get telephone inquiries it's a standard question to ask the customer what their idle speed in RPMs is. Some customers already have programmers on their vehicles that will raise their idle speed. Our alternators do hit their power curve at 800 RPMs. For some models, we can accommodate lower RPMs. This is when it is customary to ask what your goal is with the increased power. If you do competitions, and you need the most power at idle, then you would need to increase your idle speed regardless. The High Output alternator will allow you to have more consistant voltage, keep your batteries charged longer, and prevent failure of your stereo equipment / accessories. Please keep this in mind.