Sonic Electronix

So my amp works when i first turn on the radio at low volume then when i turn the volume up the amp goes into protect mode but if i turn the head unit off and back on again then the amp will once again work at low volume and when i turn it up goes into protect. Any ideas of what this problem could be?

OOH my favorite game!!!

It's the, solve my question about my equipment without ever mentioning me equipment game!!!

It would help us and yourself if you listed the equipment being used and questioned.

Also as far as a answer im shooting in the dark here not know what vehicle, sub, amp, elect, etc etc.. But i would grab a DMM and have a friend help you check your voltage drop seems to me that this might be the reason your amp goes into protect at high volumes. Do this then get back at us OP with full details.

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

Its a planet audio 1500 mono not a good amp i know and its in a nissan altima and it doesnt just turn off at high volume it turns off once you turn it past like 5 and the loudest i put it at is 25 and yes the paint is sanded off where its grounded and it has been hooked up for probably about a month now and it just started a few days ago and the subs are rockford prime 12s 8 ohm sorry for the lack of information before guys and thanks for any help.

And the subs are wired down to 4 ohms

Edited by Ryan929

^^^^ If something was touching that power wire it would've arced itself off. Unless your talking about a little peice of wire touching the speaker terminals, grounding one of them out would cause a protect light. Recheck your grounds also. Shit comes loose.

Edited by Ballen194

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.