Sonic Electronix

What equiptment do I need to get 155+ db

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not just building the wall, it's knowing the vehicle and knowing how to pressurize the cabin and get air to flow smoothly. A LOT of variables.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Having someone build it just isnt my style... I have to build it or i wont be happy.

Then get your ass to work :lol2:

I would like to start with a game plan befor i start ripping my current pos wall apart.

I need to know what i need to do. or have a basic outline...

my original idea was 8 sa 15s.... im glad everyone talked me out of that....

Walled 2002 buick century A.K.A "Betty sue"

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

so im guessing i should just get mad power, mad cone build it and pray lol!!!!

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

im not saying this wont be easy at all. nor am i saying im an expert and will achive 160db i just want to know what would be a good place to start such as budget/ equiptment and such..

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

I would pick up four high rms 15's and run two VFL1100.1's or similar amps like a DC9k.. Sundown NS1's and so on and stuff as many batts as you can in the trunk and under the hood and then maybe you might hit a 155 on a burp haha. Trust me it is not easy to obtain numbers like these even with the right equipment.. It might take you 2 or 3 walls with with best equipment before your even close to your goal.. Only way to find out is start purchasing your gear you feel will give you a nice blend of performance and reliability and get building. The easy way out is not always the best either.. Take your time and do it right the first time.. Might prevent you from rebuilding your wall mulitple times..

And to whoever said you can fart in a CRX and pop a 150 and make it sound like they are easy to get loud.. Bullshit. There are many competitors that have tired and failed to get a crx loud. It's not rocket science but it is not easy by any means. If it is then my 156.3 sealed on the dash with two 10's and 1 amp and only 2 batteries was a fluke huh? I personally think it was the 2 plus years at me SUCKING and not being able to break a 154 for over a year and my continous testing is what got me to my goal of 156+ with two tens. Just sayin..

Team S.S.C.

DB Drag Street A 2011 National Champ

DC Audio Dealer

Nor Cal AA Dealer

Incriminator Audio Dealer

CA Sundown Audio Dealer

[email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Build a shell as big as you can. Get every bit of space out of your car. You can always make the shell smaller, but you can get more air space once you build a shell.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Archived