Sonic Electronix

What equiptment do I need to get 155+ db

I would pick up four high rms 15's and run two VFL1100.1's or similar amps like a DC9k.. Sundown NS1's and so on and stuff as many batts as you can in the trunk and under the hood and then maybe you might hit a 155 on a burp haha. Trust me it is not easy to obtain numbers like these even with the right equipment.. It might take you 2 or 3 walls with with best equipment before your even close to your goal.. Only way to find out is start purchasing your gear you feel will give you a nice blend of performance and reliability and get building. The easy way out is not always the best either.. Take your time and do it right the first time.. Might prevent you from rebuilding your wall mulitple times..

And to whoever said you can fart in a CRX and pop a 150 and make it sound like they are easy to get loud.. Bullshit. There are many competitors that have tired and failed to get a crx loud. It's not rocket science but it is not easy by ant means. If it is then my 156.3 sealed on the dash with two 10's and 1 amp and only 2 batteries was a fluke huh? I personally think it was the 2 plus years at me SUCKING and not being able to break a 154 for over a year and my continous testing is what got me to my goal of 156+ with two tens. Just sayin..

Thank you for the detailed post!! and a 56 out of 2 10s is crazyyyy dude!!!!

Walled 2002 buick century A.K.A "Betty sue"

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

I plan on cutting out the rear deck and seat area to allow me to build the wall into the trunk for more airspace.

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

Is there room in the engine bay for extra alts? Your guna need 2-3 monster alts to charge

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

I would pick up four high rms 15's and run two VFL1100.1's or similar amps like a DC9k.. Sundown NS1's and so on and stuff as many batts as you can in the trunk and under the hood and then maybe you might hit a 155 on a burp haha. Trust me it is not easy to obtain numbers like these even with the right equipment.. It might take you 2 or 3 walls with with best equipment before your even close to your goal.. Only way to find out is start purchasing your gear you feel will give you a nice blend of performance and reliability and get building. The easy way out is not always the best either.. Take your time and do it right the first time.. Might prevent you from rebuilding your wall mulitple times..

And to whoever said you can fart in a CRX and pop a 150 and make it sound like they are easy to get loud.. Bullshit. There are many competitors that have tired and failed to get a crx loud. It's not rocket science but it is not easy by ant means. If it is then my 156.3 sealed on the dash with two 10's and 1 amp and only 2 batteries was a fluke huh? I personally think it was the 2 plus years at me SUCKING and not being able to break a 154 for over a year and my continous testing is what got me to my goal of 156+ with two tens. Just sayin..

Thank you for the detailed post!! and a 56 out of 2 10s is crazyyyy dude!!!!

No prob bro. If you can fit some more cone area in that car that might be a good route to go as well. Many different things you can do.

If your on a budget start out with the four nice 15's or maybe do the 8 15's like you stated before off one big amp and if needed increase your power down the road if you arent to your goal. Car audio is a never ending quest of self fullfillment that never really ends lol. So get ready for the ride bro haha.

And thanks, it took a long time to get to my goal but was so satisfied when I did. I was using two DC XL 10's and a Soundigital 16k and one Odyssey 1750t up front and one 2150 in the back. Crazy loud for two 10's :)

Team S.S.C.

DB Drag Street A 2011 National Champ

DC Audio Dealer

Nor Cal AA Dealer

Incriminator Audio Dealer

CA Sundown Audio Dealer

[email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

I plan to remove the ac compresser/condenser and running 2 alt's other then that i think 2 is the most i can fit in there unless i cut out the firewall a bit :)

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

this threads kinda funny. as my truck sits right now i have 8 xp1000 batts, 2 18" subs in a wall tuned to 31hz, 2 shok 8.5k amps on 18v and ONE alternator. singer 350. you dont need crazy power to tip a 155. its all in the box. last show on chodes meter i tipped a 155 on 7500w at 40hz IIRC without even really pushing anything. voltage never dropped below 17.5-17.6ish. and the box was JUNK

if you wall the buick you can do it the box just has to be done correctly. 60db burp isnt gonna happen though. ive been trying. the jump from mid 150's to 160db sealed is alot. ive hit 160 in the kick, but not sealed on the glass. but then again ive seen guys tip a 160 on 10k in the correct build. chucking power at subs is useless unless you have the correct box for the application. the box is EVERYTHING in a build.

That amp is a beast but with 4 subs on one amp your gonna get stupid ohm rise get 2 of those amps I dunno I don't do the whole fan boy thing and try to make choice for you get amps that will do over 10k but I would do ether 2 or 4 smaller amps for your app

It only took me 6 18's and about 40,000 watts 15 16 volt batts to do a 160 just fyi for you 160 goal 155 is much easyer to obtain

Alpine, was this doing 160s daily on music or burp?

(not a thread jack this is still related lol)

OP, we have very similar goals with our rebuilds ill be watching for sure! I hope to be doing around the same numbers with 2 18s

Team NorthWestSPL

• WEll should i do 8 15's
  • 4 good 15s
  • multiple 8s??

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

Archived