Second Skin Audio

2 Memphis Mojo M3 QVC 15's or one Solo X 18?

I've got a kicker zx2500.1 for an amp, and an xs d3400 along with 2 optimas for battery. My box is about 6.5 cubic foot. That's all the room I have. What will be louder and have more spl? I know the solo x would be under powered quite a bit, it's 5000rms but I personally think kicker has a little over rated subs. The memphis are 1000rms each but somewhat underrated. I just wanna blow the mother trucker out of my eardrums with the little room I have :) Thanks guys.

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

Memphis, more cone area and more motor force

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

It's not a versus thread. If it was it would say vs. or versus. I'm asking what peoples opinion is and which sub they would rather use. Not... "oh well....which is better?" or "which is built by a better company?".... I own both of these subs and currently am running the memphis'. In order to run the kicker I have to make a whole new box so instead of waste my time, I'm getting someone's opinion. Thanks Zach for a straight forward answer and for not bitching :)

Edited by J R

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-Audio coming soon-

I've got a kicker zx2500.1 for an amp, and an xs d3400 along with 2 optimas for battery. My box is about 6.5 cubic foot. That's all the room I have. What will be louder and have more spl? I know the solo x would be under powered quite a bit, it's 5000rms but I personally think kicker has a little over rated subs. The memphis are 1000rms each but somewhat underrated. I just wanna blow the mother trucker out of my eardrums with the little room I have :) Thanks guys.

that makes this a versus thread. just cause it does not have vs in it does not automatically make it ok and not a vs thread.

and just so you know, there is no way of knowing which will be louder. try both and let us know how it goes.

refrase and you might be good. but if you own both, why not just try both? putting together a box takes 2 hours - 4 hours for a single 18. 2 sheets of MDF. so let us know how it goes.2 15s has more cone area. i would stick with that.

Edited by Bump4life

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

I guess I'll do just that. Was just seeing if anyone had experience with one or both of them in that cubic footage of a box. Still would rather not get bitched at by some guy trying to add to his post count LOL. Anyways, thanks for the tip.

Edited by J R

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-Audio coming soon-

No Versus threads...

Do you want to know which will be louder, lower, higher spl?

Than this is what you do....

Go out and buy everything you want to see which will get your better results, buy a Termlab sensor to measure your SPL in every setup for $650.00. Once you have finished all your testing come back and tell us how it went!

Every vehicle is different, every product will act different in every vehicle, hell even the same 2 types of vehicles with the same stereos and same everything else could be drastic changes in sound and spl. We can not tell you...

Now if you have a question about a product or looking for reviews or concerns on something before you buy it, make a post and we will definitely try to help you out, but asking this or that is no good here or any other audio forums.