I have a '03 malibu that I bought 6 or 7 months ago, it's been running great at 150k miles I did an oil change and coolant flush etc for it, however recently the transmission has slipped a couple times but only when I'm revving really high as in around 4-5k rpm's (normal operating rpm's stay from 1-3k even when accelerating), how big of a problem is this and how much should I be worried? I've had quotes of $2-3k to have the tranny replaced but I could probably replace it myself

-I talked with a person about it and he said there's a device that a tranny shop can put in there to help reduce the problem and slow down the wear and tear

might be that the fluid and filter need to be changed . lucas oil has a trans additive and it is a miracle in a bottle . it will not fix broken parts , but it does make worn parts work a little better .

front wheel drive cars are no joy to work on at all , to swap a trany or anything big like that .

If its slipping the first thing I would do is put an additive called Lube Gaurd its in a red bottle... Depending on whats going on with your transmission changing the fluid could make it wose. Iv done tranny service on cars that have had problems and the drive in the shop but after the service it gets worse. Your are in the same boat no matter what you do to it... Dirve it as it is now until it gets worse and save up some money or take your chances and service it and see if it makes it better. You have a 50/50 chance of it getting better or worse if you service it.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

might be that the fluid and filter need to be changed . lucas oil has a trans additive and it is a miracle in a bottle . it will not fix broken parts , but it does make worn parts work a little better .

front wheel drive cars are no joy to work on at all , to swap a trany or anything big like that .

I'll look for that lucas oil additive thanks

n thx everyone, its good info