Sonic Electronix

Opinions needed. Upgrade, or work with what Ive got?

Hey all. First post. I've had my setup for awhile now and I'm looking for more. I've got a kicker L5 12" with a Kicker ZX300.1 amp (Underpowered a little, I know). Got it from a friend who had it in an extended cab ranger. He upgraded to 2 RF P3's on a kenwood KAC-9105 (I believe). Well, I'm sure you can see where this is going, I want more. Heres my options.

New box (It's in a truck box)

New Amp (Power it properly)

Both of those options

Get a second L5, and new amp and run 2. (see problem with this below)

Browse the classifieds for a new system all together.

Problems with the first few options, it's an old L5. Like 4 or 5 years old. Still hits like a truck, but I'm worried about it if I give it more juice. I also don't have much money, maybe $500 tops, so I think I can get a much better setup used than new (Hence the last option)

However, you boys (and girls) know much more than I do so you have a better idea, and can give me the right choice. For the record, Going in a 4 door sedan. I listen to a mix of hip hop and rock/metal. I have a bass knob for adjustments, but have the urge for more. When we put my buddys setup in my car, I liked the notes it hit more than mine. His box is tuned to 30hz, and it seemed to hit lows/lower mids better than mine, where my L5 hits mids/highs more.

Help me out here. And please no bashing. What I have is what I have, if you don't have anything positive to say, just move along to the next post. Thanks

heres my opinion, sell what you got. and buy 2 brand new matching subs, and a good amp

X2

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Better box and give that l5 a clean 5-600 watts should get a decent gain. I don't know exactly how much more you want. Unless you can sell your that sub and amp to make your budget more than 500, try box and more power

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Dc level 4 10"s are my favorite sub. Ill never run anything else.

Cool, a pair of dc level 4 10s will eat up just about his whole budget. And a 300 watt amp... To the OP if your trying to get LOUD you simply need a bigger budget. If you want to improve for short money, at least make the most of what you have, get a more powerful amp and if the L5 doesn't do it for you then you already have more power to work with try a different sub or subs.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts