Sonic Electronix

One of my cousin just bought a 15'' kicker L7 running off a Alpine MRX-1100. The shop he bought it from told em to break it in before cranking it up is this true do you have to break in subwoofers? Prior to the L7 he had an 15'' L3 but it started smoking within 30 minutes of being hooked up an the shop said was because he didnt break it in.

He had it installed by a shop an 30 min later the coils froze. I had read on here before that it wasn't true that you dont have to break em in but I just wanted to confirm. I called the shop an asked what they set their gains with an dude told me the one an only way was the golden ear. I'm pretty sure since they didn't use a distortion detector or oslisiscope is why it blew since those are the only 2 real ways to set your gains am I right?

If anything were to mess up from not breaking them in (and it wouldn't, but if it would) it wouldn't be the coils fucking up, it would be some soft parts.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

This is from audioque, for the hdc315 We recommend to allow at least several weeks of playing time to break in SQ Woofers, full break in may take many months. DO NOT play subwoofers at max amplifier power in the first couple of days, give the suspensions a chance to loosen up. As the suspension breaks in, the subs will play lower and louder. Also the paper that came with my sundown sa-12 said something about break in period as well.. either way they musta had dirty power to it!

Headunit in mustang deh-p7000bt (Max undistorted volume 59) Headunit in gti deh-6000ub (max undistored volume 59) Amp=saz-1000d (Gain set with dd-1) Subwoofer= psi platform 3 18" (dual 1ohm)

hahaha "golden ear" would be in your best interests to stay away from that shop in the future. O-scope or DD1.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

This is from audioque, for the hdc315 We recommend to allow at least several weeks of playing time to break in SQ Woofers, full break in may take many months. DO NOT play subwoofers at max amplifier power in the first couple of days, give the suspensions a chance to loosen up. As the suspension breaks in, the subs will play lower and louder. Also the paper that came with my sundown sa-12 said something about break in period as well.. either way they musta had dirty power to it!

yup, to cover their asses!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

HDC3's have a very stiff suspension. Movement plays a huge role in cooling. aaand i don't feel like explaining further.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.