Alright so I couldn't help but notice that my prefab box was peaking to much and bottoming out. Then I took measurements and discovered that it was tuned to 41hz. I messed around with the hz value in the bcae1.com box calculator and noticed that the only thing that really changed was the length of the port. Then I went to lowes and got some mdf. I cut 3 5x12 and 4 5/8 x 12 pieces and glued them right to the 5x5 square port. Presto! the port is now 27 inches long and the box is now at 32 hz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRtLPmgzWWQ

What about you guys? Anyone else do any homemade mods to achieve that sound?

I applaud you for thinking through a problem like this enough to develop your own solution. That's how you learn :)

But if I may be frank: You are polishing a turd, and you might be better off building your own box from scratch

^^^ I agree, it more than likely sounds better, but it is in fact, a turd. Building your own box to specs will always be louder and cleaner. You should get another Type R and build a box for 2 12s :) would be sweet!

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

did you factor in the additional port displacement? I find it hard to believe that you extended your port without making your box bigger and lowered tuning almost ten hertz

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

So you lowered your tuning 9hz, and at the same time probably decreased overall volume by quite a ton, a box that is that small with that low of a tuning won't end up being that much better with a larger box with higher tuning..

Build your own

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool that you realized, and tried to remedy what you had going on.......... well done. :good:

I wanted to drop just 3-4hz with my current set up,......., and wasnt able to do it, (correctly, and as clean as i wanted it. New box time for me)

And 9-10 is just,.. uh, wow?!?!?!?! ...........................................

Archived