DC Sound Lab

Well i got my DC9k yesterday and hooked it up, set it up with the DD-1 etc. Right away when I was setting it up with the DD-1 the DD-1 was throwing off distortion randomly. I would go up with the gain and it would show full clipping then 3/4 it would go away then if i kept going it would show it again. Was acting very weird. So anyway i set up the gain to where it didn't show clipping then put my LPF and SS where i wanted them, played a couple of my normal demo songs and it didnt seem much louder at all than the single 5k. So anyways i washed my truck then went inside to eat. Had to go to the store to pick up a few things and as i pulled out of my driveway the Subs went "Thump" my first reaction was to look to see if the subs blew and when i looked back into my port i seen my amp in the back smoking. I wasnt playing bass at all when this happened and the radio was turned down low. I pulled back into my garage to check everything out and no fuses where blown,power/ground wires weren't warm,no wires where touching, voltage was 14.8. But theamp was warm on the power input side. Called DC and told them what happened and He said he would talk with rusty hen call me back. Got a call back a little while later and had a place for me to ship it to,to get it checked out and see what happened with it. The box was a little beat up so it might have been dropped a few times but there was no visual damage to the amp. I will update this when i hear more but so far so good, just shipped it out this morning to the amp repair shop. Anyways heres a few pics of it, can't wait to get her back!

2012-08-15_12-41-05_758.jpg

2012-08-15_12-40-51_840.jpg

2012-08-15_12-41-12_96.jpg

2012-08-15_12-40-35_46.jpg

2012-08-15_16-04-02_254.jpg

2012-08-15_16-03-52_980.jpg

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

"so far so good"....?

Fuck that shit....I'd be freaking out a lot more with a broken 9k.....good luck though, for real

Haha yeah, I meant like everything with DC they seem to be taking care of this quick and hassle free.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

"so far so good"....?

Fuck that shit....I'd be freaking out a lot more with a broken 9k.....good luck though, for real

freaking out, especially when neither the company nor user is at fault is uncalled for. DC will take care of the issue without thnking twice about it. The worst part about the whole situation is he wait time to get it back.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

"so far so good"....?

Haha yeah, I meant like everything with DC they seem to be taking care of this quick and hassle free.

"so far so good"....?

freaking out, especially when neither the company nor user is at fault is uncalled for. DC will take care of the issue without thnking twice about it. The worst part about the whole situation is he wait time to get it back.

@OP: Just a small misunderstanding...I'm glad to hear that from DC. Best of luck with it.....

@captain: Ok, well I know how I feel when something breaks, no matter whose fault it is....I always feel sorry for anyone who has equipment problems. I agree, the worst part is that he has to wait.

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

• 2 weeks later...