How long does it take to make an alt?

Hi. I purchased an alt from Mechman on the 27th of July 2012, it was paid using Paypal and payment was confirmed. I have been waiting eagerly for three weeks now. Still no word from Mechman as to whether my alternator is finished or ready to be shipped.

My question is this: how long is an aceptable waiting time for a product like this? I realise that it is not the most popular vehicle model, as I have an SUV called mitsubishi montero (quite common outside the states).

Edited by Polar-bass

I would email/call them. I realize your international (at least that's what your profile says) so that'd be a pain to call, but perhaps one of their reps or whatnot on the board will help you. But I'd definitely email/call. I've heard people order it and get it shortly after as little of 2 weeks. But again, I'm sure depends on the car. Have never heard of a Mitsu owner get an alt, at least on here. So I'm sure it'd take a little longer but 3 weeks and nothing? Seems a little long. Could be due to international specs? No idea. Just stick to what I said and others will say... call them and/or email them.

Sheena = pedobear

Hi. I purchased an alt from Mechman on the 27th of July 2012, it was paid using Paypal and payment was confirmed. I have been waiting eagerly for three weeks now. Still no word from Mechman as to whether my alternator is finished or ready to be shipped.

My question is this: how long is an aceptable waiting time for a product like this? I realise that it is not the most popular vehicle model, as I have an SUV called mitsubishi montero (quite common outside the states).

Hey there, can you please PM to me your name and phone number? Alternators are usually turned around within a 2 week period max, with most leaving the shop within a few days. Did you order this item online? Please give me as much information as you can, so I can look into this. Unless you had asked for powdercoating this process generally would not take that long. Thank you.

Michael

[email protected]

I got mine from Mike Singer and it comes in today. It only took two weeks for me.

Edit: it depends on what parts are in stock I guess to answer your question

Edited by Crandis16
  • 8 years later...

Yeah! I just ordered a mechanic alternator through droppin HZ on May 17th about 3 weeks ago and nothing. It’s a 3.5L Nissan alternator, advertisement on site said allow 10-14 days and we’ll, I’m passed that and the only thing they can tell me is the same thing my tracking number already tells me—- waiting for tracking. My ENTIRE build is waiting on this, I ordered everything at the same time and my subs, amps, box, head unit and door speakers are just piled up waiting on this one part so I can have it all installed. 

Sorry to say, it's probably not the alternator. I ordered 2 things from droppin Hertz. 1 was my cyber 12k and that took 3 months (though no one had it in stock, so I wasn't stressing) but even when I'd email, it took days to reply. And then, when I ordered my C2000.4D, same thing, 2 months, no email reply. You'll get it. You just have to be patient with DH.

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

It’s funny though, I order a couple of other things from droppin HZ and got them within a week, I contacted them and they said they are waiting on mechman to provide tracking… the alternator from mechman is the only thing I’ve ordered from them taking forever. I mean don’t advertise 14 day max Time to be ready to ship if you can’t meet it. It is a custom alternator that to be built so, probably just taking a bit, wish I knew something though.

You've had better luck than I. You'll get it. I know, the waiting sucks! The wait will be well worth it though

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out!