Songs for tuning

LOL and how many songs are -2db that are clean in the first place. Amps tuned by ear is now a last resort thing when you don't have a device to properly set the gain.

Most music is less than -15 to -10db so guess what bro, you aren't getting the full potential out of your music since you are tuning by ear with music which like I said is dynamic. Like banginhoe said, 40hz @ -10db and you will be perfectly fine, a lot safer than tuning with music.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Just tryna give you some advice about tuning more precisely if you are going to do it by ear, the 40hz @ -10db doesn't require any device. Its just the tone to use, why else would Steve use it? lol

One of you should take a crack at it, tune by ear with the music then re-tune with either a -5 or -10db 40hz tone and see which ones seems louder to you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/96978-test-tones-and-tuning-tutorial-all-new-links-again/ <---tons of tones in diff db levels

2015 Mazda 6

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I dont understand frequencys nor do i have the equipment to so. I tune with what i listen to. The only thing i can never get right is the main bassline in the song bassline by mantronix. That sound has haunted me since i started doing systems

I live in Mississippi and most shops around here have no clue what a DD-1 is, so I don't have access to non of the good stuff to properly set my gains. I wish I could spend the big bucks to get the DD-1 DDM and so on, but I am not made of dollar bills. lol

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

LOL and how many songs are -2db that are clean in the first place. Amps tuned by ear is now a last resort thing when you don't have a device to properly set the gain.

Most music is less than -15 to -10db so guess what bro, you aren't getting the full potential out of your music since you are tuning by ear with music which like I said is dynamic. Like banginhoe said, 40hz @ -10db and you will be perfectly fine, a lot safer than tuning with music.

Once again...every song is different, you just admitted that. I know what my subs sound like when I need to turn them down, I don't need a device to tell me that. I know that some of my songs are way louder than others...I don't need a device to tell me that. I know how to take care of my system, I don't need a device to do it for me.

Anyway, my point is, no device will set your gain perfectly....the best tools you have are your ears, eyes and hands. Your ears will tell you when something is audibly stressed. Your eyes will tell you when something is mechanically stressed. Your hands will tell you when something is thermally stressed. If you blow something up, 99% of the time it's because you missed or ignored the warning signs. Things don't blow for no reason.

No device is required to have a nice system lol.

LOL an-i-no, w/e you say buddy. You can't always hear clipping/distortion

2015 Mazda 6

This is the song I normally use to tune My Sound Quality setup ...

as for the gains ... What gains ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I live in Mississippi and most shops around here have no clue what a DD-1 is, so I don't have access to non of the good stuff to properly set my gains. I wish I could spend the big bucks to get the DD-1 DDM and so on, but I am not made of dollar bills. lol

I'm not trying to be dick, but at the bare minimum you should have a dmm.. I got mine for 25 bucks. I'm not saying you should use it to set your gains but it has more than one use LOL