So one of my friends asked about HID's on facebook the other day and what temperature he should get for his car (2012 acura tl).. and to make a long story short some smartass comments saying that he doesn't recommend them because he would have to change his alternator at the same time since HID's would kill out the alternator. i laughed so hard at this lol and when i laughed and said i never heard of this before the kid actually had the balls to say "welcome to knowledge" LMFAO so i asked him what was his basis for this and he says " HID's need more electricity than normal lights. electricity comes from the battery. the battery is charged by the alternator. if the alternator is strained, it'll stop working altogether and the car will run straight off the battery. then it'll die on the parkway and you'll be stuck." :rofl: from 1 pair of HID's!!? that was a good laugh

Edited by satish1015

2008 BMW 550i M Sport

Build coming soon!

2000 Volvo s40 1.9T
Pioneer DVD navigation head unit
O2 audio performance mid range speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-6 Pro Mid Range Speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-8 Pro Mid Range Speakers
4 Selenium ST200 Super Tweeters
Hifonics ZRX2000.4 Amplifier
2- 12 inch DC Audio Level 4 m2
Hifonics Brutus BXI-1610D Amplifier

2 KinetiK HC1400R- Secondary Batteries
Kinetik HC600- Secondary Battery
Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge big 3 upgrade

HIDs can be inefficient when initially warming up, but after that.. theyre generally more efficient than halogens.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

just got a new car with hids problem is one of the hid boxes or whatever u call them doesnt put out power. is there a way to fix this or what? i have no clue what kind they are. no markings at all. idk what to look for as a replacement. do i need a whole new set. and sorry i kow its not a tech section but if one of u guys has a quick answer i wont have to crowd up another area with a whole thread about it.

alpine cda117

4 kicker kx1200.1s

2 dc level 5 12s

mcintosh mc431

mcintosh meq450 / meq459

mcintosh mc420 midbass

mcintosh mc221 tweets

mcintosh mc223 full range.

my mids and highs are worth more than your car.

So one of my friends asked about HID's on facebook the other day and what temperature he should get for his car (2012 acura tl).. and to make a long story short some smartass comments saying that he doesn't recommend them because he would have to change his alternator at the same time since HID's would kill out the alternator. i laughed so hard at this lol and when i laughed and said i never heard of this before the kid actually had the balls to say "welcome to knowledge" LMFAO so i asked him what was his basis for this and he says " HID's need more electricity than normal lights. electricity comes from the battery. the battery is charged by the alternator. if the alternator is strained, it'll stop working altogether and the car will run straight off the battery. then it'll die on the parkway and you'll be stuck." :rofl: from 1 pair of HID's!!? that was a good laugh

His car has factory HID. what did he want to do, rice it up with some blue lights? have less light output?

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Hmm that's interesting..

My HIDs have a 15a fuse for the pair, while the stock bulbs have a 10a fuse each. Fail hahahaha

just got a new car with hids problem is one of the hid boxes or whatever u call them doesnt put out power. is there a way to fix this or what? i have no clue what kind they are. no markings at all. idk what to look for as a replacement. do i need a whole new set. and sorry i kow its not a tech section but if one of u guys has a quick answer i wont have to crowd up another area with a whole thread about it.

Nah man, that just means your alternator is going out, as stated above. LMAO

Jk

But if you don't know the info on your current HIDs it might be best to replace both ballasts (the box things).

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I guess I better get my butt to the Cadillac dealer and ask them to remove the stock HID lights and install some old halogens so I don't get "stuck on the parkway".....lol

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

I wouldn't know, my mids and highs aren't worth more than my vehicle.

I'm gonna hate

Whats real funny is when lames think the higher the temp the brighter the light. That's why you have losers driving around with purple headlights. With so much info on the net, how can people still be so ignorant.