Sonic Electronix

Ported or sealed box for oldschool rockford 10s?

Ok, so I bought a pair of old school Rockford Fosgate "The Punch Audiophile" 10s, they say RFA-810 8 ohm on the back... I'm looking to get a ported box used for these things tomorrow... Or do I need a sealed box for them? Although I'm interested in car audio, I don't know all there is to know about it. Advice?

Pic of the Old School 10s:

0818121704.jpg

and a diagram I found via google, the only real info I could find on these

RFA-810.png

Would like input sometime before tomorrow afternoon because it's an hour and a half trip each way to pick up this ported box for $15

5I15L25E93E83Ff3o9c7l0bfb61d2d34e1459.jpg

Or otherwise I can get a sealed Sony box for $20 which is fairly close to me... but from experience, I think ported subs are better, although I've only worked with newer subs, never old school... what do you guys recommend?

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

Does anyone have any input for me? I'm sorry to sound hurried, but it's because I kind of am... I'm buying a ported box for these this afternoon but I don't know if I should do a sealed box instead... help please

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/141624/Rockford-Fosgate-Rfa-408.html?page=5

The very last sentence on page 5 of the manual says.. They Will yeild optimum performance in a small sealed box

Edited by Riley Evan Houser

Back in the early/mid 1990's there was a huge demand for SQ subs that required small space and sealed cabinets.

RF AUDIOphile, The original Kicker Solo Barics, Cerwin Vega Accurate Image all stepped up to teh challenge. The W6 back then was the one to beat in either a sealed or ported enclosure.

These RF subs will give you good clean bass. Not made for Techmaster PEB though. (old guys will get that inference)

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice