Second Skin Audio

Ported box design for 2 Alpine typr R 12 (1242d)

logspace

could you make a cut list for a 5 3/16" port tuned to 33 hz? Do you tihink that it will be loud if i do that?

I tried to make the port wider but the port becomes too large. So this is an alternative but I need to tell you how the port parts have to be cut:

fix.jpg

Also let me know the length of that panel with a question mark -- be aware that the port has to be perfectly in the center for this to work so the left front and the right front panels must be identical in length.

oops sorry, i meant to say that the front panels are are 15 7/8" i honestly have no idea about how i mis measured and cut it to this length, but does that help you out a little more?

Ok take a lot of care with future measurements, regarding your issue you can repeat the front panels which is best or do this:

fix3.jpg

Just take the center (18 1/2") , cut and place the port parts as shown, the full spec of the parts is as follows:

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 18 x 12 1/2

2 x Extension = 3 3/8 x 12 1/2

In this case the port must be 4 1/2", since your parts don't fully fit I placed some 45s there to reinforce the corners.

If you have any other questions let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Archived