Second Skin Audio

bent mounting lip

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/73641-how-to-ship-a-subwoofer/

^ I'd pay the extra money to have any subwoofer purchased off of this website to be shipped like that.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

i would too. i specifically asked the seller to pack the items securely and he assured me they would be. the amp arrived last week with no problem at all. was packed securely, and had almost no shipping damage to the box. get the sub today, and it's a completely different story.

I sold a sub once..not anything special either. Shipped to NY from Ca. took some scrap mdf and in about 20min cut a rough box outta MDF that fit in the shipping box. Put another 3/4 strip around the top to keep the cone safe. Long story short they managed to break the mdf box and crack the baffle in transit. Sub was ok tho. USPS SUCKS. my best luck is with UPS but ive heard some horror stories there too.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

i would too. i specifically asked the seller to pack the items securely and he assured me they would be. the amp arrived last week with no problem at all. was packed securely, and had almost no shipping damage to the box. get the sub today, and it's a completely different story.

I think it will be good. you can bend it back..I would try at least. or just weather strip and mount it. Doesnt look to be problem causing.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

all the shipping companies can be janky . and what alot of people don't know is that it can be tough to be reimbursed by insurance if the item damaged was packed in questionable way. the only way i know of where there is almost no chance insurance will give you a hard time is when: the item is in manufacture packaging and then packed inside a larger box with peanuts separating the inner and outer box .

I had 12 10" SSDs shipped... Out of the 12 2 were damaged

One had a broken basket (just looked bent with gasket on) took gasket off, backer was bent and cracked in 3 spots.. Slamology was the next day so i JB Welded t back togeather and just screwed it in.. Lasted a good 6weeks untill whole basket broke

The other took about a day to notice. Went to slamology playe subs all was good.. So i thought I was watching all the subs and noticed one stopped moving.. Usps ended up dropping the sub and shifting the top plate on it

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole