Second Skin Audio

input on porting please

i built this box in july have had it in playing for a while and although i am not disappointed and wouldn't call it a failure , i think it could perform a little better .i am somewhere between 6-8 cubic feet and it is currently sealed which my box is probably too big to be sealed but it should be in the volume to go ported . i am thinking about installing some aero ports or adding a slot port onto the rear of the box . the subs i have are jl audio 13w1 4 ohm and i have them running on about 1000 watt rms . they are in a chevy venture

i am seeking input on what i should tune for . i listen to all types of music and would rather it sound good to me than be the loudest possible tuning . hope someone can help me get the best possible sound going ported with this , because i am pretty much lost on port tuning .

DSCF2892.jpg

Edited by b-dubs89

looks too small for a ported box for 3 12's

they are 13.5's and i am somewhere between 6 and 8 cubic ft hard to say exactly because of the baffle . why how big would you say it should be , jl says 2.6 cub per sub ported , but i don't buy that their specs will sound good to me . i didn't like the last 2 boxes i built to jl specs .

i like the baffle and selling it won't happen because 13.5 subs are all that will fit 2nd nobody is going to want to give me the $220 that i have into materials to get to this point . there is a whole 4x8 of board , 2 gal of resin , $35 worth of glass matt and a few other things .

and besides if i sold it i wouldn't learn anything

i like the baffle and selling it won't happen because 13.5 subs are all that will fit 2nd nobody is going to want to give me the $220 that i have into materials to get to this point . there is a whole 4x8 of board , 2 gal of resin , $35 worth of glass matt and a few other things .

and besides if i sold it i wouldn't learn anything

Well in that case I think you could possible get away with two 6 inch aeros facing up...Box looks kinda shallow so you could run into loading problems if ones right in the port opening ...you could think about inverting the outer two..or all three :D

Step 1: remove middle sub

Step 2: throw 2x4's in the box and shrink it down around 5.5-6 cubes

Step 3: make your own flared aero port and attach to middle hole

Step4: profit!

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

anybody else care to chime in with some helpful how to on porting my box ? i am really clueless as to what i should tune for to get the best overall sound out of my sub set up .