hey guys im hoping someone can answer my question soon, here it is...... Im trying to get 0gauge through the firewall and it isnt being easy, so can i run it under the car by the frame and then up or is this a stupid question,,,,,,,,,thanks guys

Of course you can run it underneath the car. Just keep it away from the exhaust and make sure you protect it with corrugated tubing on vulnerable areas. I always run 0 gauge under neath , screw it to the frame with cable clamps or conduit hangers. If you use conduit hangers, wrap the cable with a piece of hose so the clamp does not chafe the cable.

Iv'e even seen guys split garden hoses down the middle and wrap under car runs of 0 gauge for protection from rocks and road debris etc.

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

What is giving you the problem fitting the 1/0awg cable through the firewall exactly? I highly recommend not running your wire outside of the vehicle. There are numerous things that could cause a slice through the insulation and shorting out on your frame. Plus it will deteriorate much faster due to weather conditions.

Electrical tape a terminal on the tip of the 0 gauge. Take a razor blade and cut the opening of the firewall open just a tad bit. It was meant to be air tight, so just give yourself a little bit of extra slack with the razor blade, and be careful not to cut any of the other wires during the process.. The terminal will help a bit, otherwise it's like pushing a limp rope through a keyhole.

Honestly, I'd be EXTREMELY cautious when running the wire under the car. I ran mine through my center console, and under the carpeting between the two back seats of my car. It's out of sight, don't have to worry about the possibility of my car catching fire from the wire being damaged and it's clean & out of sight.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

In 2009 I ran my 4 gauge under my car, it's been perfect every since.

No wire loom just zip tied to the frame and ran a little in the frame.

Need to upgrade and do 1/0 but will be just as easy.

Just checked last week when I was rotating the tires and it just had mud and dirt in a few places.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

I have a unibody frame so it's more difficult in my car, but you can do that. What difficulties do you have running it through firewall? You could drill your own holes and put grommets on it or put it through stock grommet with electrical tape and wire hanger. Make sure to lube up wire too with some type of car grease

i like to use a piece of solid copper wire like you would use for residential wiring (just 1 wire) push it through an existing grommet that looks usable and then wrap the fish wire around the power cable to pull and then tape shit out of it so it don't come loose . after i have this done i spray the grommet and power wire with silicone spray lube the stuff that leaves a dry film and then pull it through . sometimes i have had to chew a little bit out of the existing grommet to make it fit . if you have to trim the grommet to get a better fit you can seal it up good with silicone gasket make or sealant .

if you don't want to go that route i don't see why a guy shouldn't be able run power under the car , definatley want to make sure you get the routing right to avoid anything that can damage you power cable and if it were me i would put the power cable inside a peice of garden hose or something to protect it from the elements .

Edited by b-dubs89