Sundown Audio

Need some help!

CJSmith

I know I'm going to get a lot of crap for this, but... I have 2 AA Mayhem 18's that are dual 1's but they rest at .7 each. I have them wired in parallel at .175 ohms. But every time I try to run them in series, they get stinky. So i want to try series parallel and run them at 1.4 ohms. I upgraded my alt today to a Mechman 300A, and my amp gets hot very quickly, and shuts off before my voltage even drops to 13.0v Also, my 300A Mechman doesn't seem to make my system louder. My amp still shuts off around the same volume that it did when I just had the stock 140A alt. With the stock 140A alt, my voltage charged at 14.4, but the Mechman is only charging at 13.8v, even when i rev my rpm's.. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Without specifics it's impossible to see how much your electrical can handle, but with your amp running a load that low, I'm gunna say you don't have enough. Why not run the amp at a .7 Ohm load? Like I said I don't know anything about that amp and am too lazy to look up specs right now, but it should still have plenty of power for the two Mayhems at .7 Ohms.

2001 VW Passat Sportwagen

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Tantric Sounds 6.5HD's, Sundound Audio SA-6.5CS

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

XS batteries, KnuKonceptz wirez, Second Skin

if you dual 1s, then you are either at .25, 1, or 4 ohms.

how is your gain set? Are you turning it up to compensate when you wire the subs to a higher ohm load?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69