Second Skin Audio

4th order bandpass with passive radiators... can it be done

For a 4th with passives you'd need a sealed section and instead of a port in the larger section you'd put the passives. If you're really considering trying it, you'd probably need 3 passives per sub to simulate enough port area. Let us know how it goes, this is an interesting idea.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

well see i dont wanna do an average 4th order and i think your right i think with a tuned PR is would in theory act as a 6th order and thats kinda what i am trying to achieve. but just wanna try something new i know that 6th orders are for more spl applications and i was thinking if i replaced the port with a passive radiator it would simulate the 6th order frequency responce while still retaining good sound quality and getting loud as shit. and pluss i have 2 g5 12s and 2 gtr passive radiators and i wanted to try something new.. im still thinking about all the math in it though with 2 12s like that what size should the front port area be. right now the specs are 1.5 for the rear sealed/ PR section and the common front chamber is 5.5 cubic feet with a 9x18" rectangular port is that too much volume and port area for 2 12s in a 4th/6th order bandpass

Head Unit -- Alpine CDA-9887

Mids and highs -- 2 Crescendo PWX-8's

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

4 Crescendo FT-1 Super tweeters

Mids and Highs amps -- 2 Alpine V12 MRV-F545

Subs -- TBD

Sub amp -- Crescendo Bass Cleff BC2000.

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

Processor - Alpine imprint

6th orders aren't just for SPL they can actually be very musical. I've got a 6th now and it's got excellent range. fucking love it.

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

well what do you think about the idea of what i was thinking. on paper does it work??? or is it a waste of time

Head Unit -- Alpine CDA-9887

Mids and highs -- 2 Crescendo PWX-8's

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

4 Crescendo FT-1 Super tweeters

Mids and Highs amps -- 2 Alpine V12 MRV-F545

Subs -- TBD

Sub amp -- Crescendo Bass Cleff BC2000.

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

Processor - Alpine imprint

Just port it. if you want a fourth, build a fourth, if you want a sixth build a sixth.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.