This is going to be my first build. I am going to first upgrade the head unit, then i will add some mids and highs, then eventually subs.

Current setup:

Stock head unit

Stock speakers (6x8)

Considering the stock speakers are 6x8s, I will most likely have to re-do the entire door panels so I can fit 6.5s and tweeters. I am pretty new at this, but i have a good idea of what i am going to do.Will i have to re do the door panels if i want 6.5 speakers to fit? For a head unit, I would like to put in Pioneer DEH-2400UB, according to crutchfield.com it will fit. For Mids and Highs, I would like to put in 4 Selenium 6W4P and 2 Selenium ST200 tweeter. I dont know what amp to get, I was thinking about sundown or MB Quart.

Once my camera is chargered and I am not busy i will post some pics.

Stay tuned for more...

tuned in, sounds like a great learning expierence. and its not hard to cut the door pannel to fit 6.5. my dodge had 6x9's and i just found a place where i liked the placement and cut it out to fit the 6.5. but why not just cut the fronts for 6.5 and cut the rear for 6x9?

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

1800.2 power acoustic bamf

sealed box 2.3 cub each net

all in the trunk of a 98 grand am gt 4 dr

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted in a bit due to school. I haven't done anything with the car yet. I am almost ready to start though.

262kr53.jpg

I think the rear door will be easier to work with. The front door speaker is at a very awkward angel.

Thoughts!?

I still haven't figured out what i am going do to with the whole 6x8 to 6.5 speaker hole issue, because i have no access to tools (i live in an apartment).

Archived