Is my current wiring ok for 1700w?

i got the same amp. kicker 1/0 fits with some trimming but it has 4ga inputs. im running 140a alt and stock bat no problems voltage drops into high 12s at full tilt. and howd u have to trim the speaker wire? i got 10ga i think in mine no problem with tons of room. im running a 150a fuse on run and 175a for big3. just do big 3 and ull be fine with that alt if it is 140a

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

With battery in the rear you need to fuse near the battery and near the alternator (pos) 1/0 +300amp fuse on the pos and 1/0 on the grounds for big 3.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

do the big 3. and if im right 4ga is ok but not the best and if you can't run 0 to the amp you can buy converters , but thats my opinion

big 3 is a real pain in the ass when the battery is in the trunk haha, that will get done when I get back from school winter break. And what converters are you talking about?

big 3 is all under the hood essentially.

and i would do 1/0 OFC from knu and get it over with, it will a lot for upgrades to about 2500-3000 watts rms with 1 run, but most do 2 at that power. You can trim it down and get it to fit, just make sure you do it cleanly so any over hanging wires dont short out, or you could get reducers from tool maker.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Bro, the whole amp input is an easy fix. Go to facebook nd look up ToolMakers. They can fab you a piece with a 2gauge male output, nd as many 0gauge female inputs as you want...therefore converting your single 2gauge amp into a multiple 0gauge amp. And the best part is they are awesome on their prices.

mivtCK.png

Not sure if this helps you at all, but always use the max amperage size for the wire, for the fusing. If the amp blows fuse, then you need to upgrade, if you run too much current through a wire you have a burnt down car.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

do the big 3. and if im right 4ga is ok but not the best and if you can't run 0 to the amp you can buy converters , but thats my opinion

big 3 is a real pain in the ass when the battery is in the trunk haha, that will get done when I get back from school winter break. And what converters are you talking about?

big 3 is all under the hood essentially.

and i would do 1/0 OFC from knu and get it over with, it will a lot for upgrades to about 2500-3000 watts rms with 1 run, but most do 2 at that power. You can trim it down and get it to fit, just make sure you do it cleanly so any over hanging wires dont short out, or you could get reducers from tool maker.

It is all under the hood for most cars, but I have a Cobalt SS which happens to have the battery in the trunk, which is why I'm waiting till the end of the semester. Thanks for the help guys, I went with Knu KCA 0 gauge for the Amp, fusing with a 150a ANL fuse.

Your amp has 0 gauge inputs, I know it for a fact. You seem set on not upgrading but you really ought to.

Are you sure about that?

I've owned the amp and I had to trim down my 0/1 to make it fit. Also, just about every website selling the amp states that only 2 guage will fit.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Your amp has 0 gauge inputs, I know it for a fact. You seem set on not upgrading but you really ought to.

Are you sure about that?

I've owned the amp and I had to trim down my 0/1 to make it fit. Also, just about every website selling the amp states that only 2 guage will fit.

I have installed one, Shok 1/0 fit without trimming, just twisted the strands like usual and it slid right in...

I'm gonna hate

Archived