Mechman Alternators

explorer dual alternator options

I was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on which alternators would be easiest to integrate for my vehicle. I have to ability to make brackets to hold it and ensure proper belt wrap.

What I want to know is which alts are easiest to wire in and work correctly. I plan to use a gm style alt because the mounting system makes the bracket easier to make, but I want one I can trigger with my stock ford system. My teammate has an older gm alt that has 3 wires in the plug, he connects one to ignition and it works great.

My plan is to get one from a junk yard to mock up and get working, then replace with a high output alternative

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I would recommend a GM large case truck unit. We have them available in 170 - 370 amp configurations, priced $200 - $749 depending on amperage and options. We can easily set you up with the harness to make everything work with single wire hookup. Wiring it in is no big deal, making the bracket is the hard part.

We have some 340 amp units on E-bay promotion right now, they come with the adjustable external regulator and everything. All you have to do is hook up a single ignition switched wire for it to work with your ford.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-93-94-95-5-0L-5-7lL-CHEVY-TRUCK-MECHMAN-HIGH-OUTPUT-340AMP-ALTERNATOR-/221089797234?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3379fa9472&vxp=mtr

thats great news Matt. thank you very much! i have been looking into getting a mechman alt for a while now after having experienced their great performance in my team mates vehicles. the bracket will definitely be the hard part, but i have some experience with metal fabrication and a close friend with lots of experience. im sure together we can develop something that will work.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k