Sonic Electronix

Your question is WAY to broad search through the forums a little more.

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

Ported, if built right, it should be louder and sound nearly if not just as good as a sealed box.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

I'm a ported box type of guy, greater output, deeper response when designed correctly, flatter response when designed correctly, and the port helps give a more natural sound in my honest opinion.

Only disadvantage to ported boxes is that they up more space compared to sealed, and designing takes more steps like port tuning, port size, displacements, and volume while sealed requires simply finding volume and displacement.

Sealed, from my experiences, sounds alright, but has that weird tone I keep hearing that sounds unnatural( could be badly designed box or sub isn't for the box), and the fact that building a box, cutting a hole, and sticking a sub inside and expect it to sound good doesn't sound right to me in my opinion, I think better design is required for better sound, aka ported.

Though of course, not every sub can be ported( Kicker Solo Classic for example), but not every sub can be sealed either (example, AA SMD), you really have to work with what the sub wants really.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I like ported too they are alot louder in my opinion. I had one polk audio dxi in a ported box designed by polk audio themselves and that sub is louder than one of the 15s i have in a sealed box at the same power. Just paying to get sub boxes made for you is ridiculously expesnive and i dont have the time to make one myself because of work and school.

I'm a fan of ported. Both for the extra output and cone control.

But this is assuming is is a proper ported box that had some planning and thought go into the design and construction ;)

Archived