Sonic Electronix

I am going to build another box for my truck, currently my box is 3.62cubes @33.8hz. I'm pushing my dual sundown SA-12's D4's on a hifonics BRZ1700.1. I hit a 141db at around 37hz. This doesn't sound correct to me though. Because my box is ported to 33.8 hz it should be the loudest towards 34 hz or so, right? I don't really understand this, could somebody please help me? Do I need to build a new box? Do I need a different amp that pushes out cleaner sound on the lows or something? It sounds pretty good, but doesn't sound NEARLY as well on the lows as another box I have for my Fi BL 12"... But I didn't build the Fi box. Everytime I play a bass drop and I'm demo-ing my system, the lows don't kick in as hard as they should at all, and it bugs me...

Box:

3.58 end volume

30.5x15x23

4.25x13.5 port 24.5 inches long

Gross volume: 4.87 cu ft

Port displacement: 0.92 cu ft

Sub Displacement: 0.28 cu ft

End Volume: 3.67 cu ft

qKJ5nl.jpg

arEnMl.jpg

The Box was altered after this picture to make the port shorter. Here it is ported to 26hz, then i made it 33.8.

HaOIEl.jpg

The peak will always be a few frequencies away from box tuning, seems about right to me. I'm assuming by the construction pic the port is firing toward the passenger side, try flipping it to toward the drivers side should help metering some. Did you add another baffle after the bottom picture? If not I'd recommend it. I don't have anything on this laptop to double check the box for you, but I'm sure someone will chime in shortly and do so for you.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I am going to build another box for my truck, currently my box is 3.62cubes @33.8hz. I'm pushing my dual sundown SA-12's D4's on a hifonics BRZ1700.1. I hit a 141db at around 37hz. This doesn't sound correct to me though. Because my box is ported to 33.8 hz it should be the loudest towards 34 hz or so, right? I don't really understand this, could somebody please help me? Do I need to build a new box? Do I need a different amp that pushes out cleaner sound on the lows or something? It sounds pretty good, but doesn't sound NEARLY as well on the lows as another box I have for my Fi BL 12"... But I didn't build the Fi box. Everytime I play a bass drop and I'm demo-ing my system, the lows don't kick in as hard as they should at all, and it bugs me...

Box:

3.58 end volume

30.5x15x23

4.25x13.5 port 24.5 inches long

Gross volume: 4.87 cu ft

Port displacement: 0.92 cu ft

Sub Displacement: 0.28 cu ft

End Volume: 3.52 cu ft

qKJ5nl.jpg

arEnMl.jpg

The Box was altered after this picture to make the port shorter. Here it is ported to 26hz, then i made it 33.8.

HaOIEl.jpg

Did you make those calculations manually?

Uhm.. I guess... Its not exact, some things are probably off .2 of an inch or so, but it is all about right and I used the12volt to figure out most of the things. I can see an error with the math lol, I typed the end volume incorrectly, its supposed to be 3.67.

My subs are firing towards the rear hatch and the port is facing towards the right side of the vehicle. I am going to mess around witht he port this weekend making the size from 32 to 16" seeing if my online port calculator is incorrect, because none of the port calc's show the same result/length.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I have a box with SA-12s and they are in a separated chamber with 2.2 cubes tuned to 36hz with aero ports. They are running off of a 1200 watt Brutus Hifonics at one ohm. I see you have the 1700 watt brutus. Now, my box DOES hit lows; but because of the low impedance and my electrical is not up to par, the subs loose their ability to hit lows after a while because he amp gets too hot.

Could this be your issue? 33 herts seems like it would slap those lows.

Archived