Sundown Audio

Wiring opinions

MD7786

Newer optimas(ever since they were bought out by Johnson Controls) don't have the lifespan that they used to. It's awesome that you get them for so cheap for sure. The yellow top is the one I would run for audio if I had to, do good choice there.

About the Big3, do that for sure and then see where you're at. It won't GAIN you any voltage, but will allow less drop potentially. My D3400 plus Big3 got rid of lights dimming and keeps voltage steady with my stock alt.

In regards to running your amp at 1 or 2 ohms. If it were me, I'd run 1 ohm so have that sub reconed as a Dual 2 ohm voice coil.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Newer optimas(ever since they were bought out by Johnson Controls) don't have the lifespan that they used to. It's awesome that you get them for so cheap for sure. The yellow top is the one I would run for audio if I had to, do good choice there.

About the Big3, do that for sure and then see where you're at. It won't GAIN you any voltage, but will allow less drop potentially. My D3400 plus Big3 got rid of lights dimming and keeps voltage steady with my stock alt.

In regards to running your amp at 1 or 2 ohms. If it were me, I'd run 1 ohm so have that sub reconed as a Dual 2 ohm voice coil.

nvm. forgot he only had one.

Archived