15.3 volts, idling?

Maybe the other car's number's are also higher on than mulitmeter than they actually are, I would say try testing with a different multimeter if you can.

don't have access to another dmm right now. but, would the ohms setting still read correct if the dmm was messed up?>

What do you mean exactly when you checked the DMM on another cars battery on "your ohm setting"

DMM should just be set to read DC voltage period. Maybe you meant something else.

Did you try disconnecting both positive and negative cables from your battery and testing it that way?

It sounds like you have never messed with your battery if you aren't sure what it is. Did you purchase the car used? It is possible but bnot likely that someone put a 14V battery in there. Just a thought until we get more info. Something is probably wrong with the meter

i didn't mean i checked the battery with the ohm setting. i checked my sub with the ohm setting. i didn't disconnect the battery yet because its too dark out already. i haven't changed the battery since i got the car 4-5 months ago. got it from my wifes gma when she passed. so before me, she was the only owner. she bought it brand new in 91. the car has always been serviced by a lincoln dealer, so i doubt they put a 14 volt battery in it. but, maybe.

Ah, I misunderstood you. Yeah, grandma probably wasn't bumpin.

Maybe the other car's number's are also higher on than mulitmeter than they actually are, I would say try testing with a different multimeter if you can.

don't have access to another dmm right now. but, would the ohms setting still read correct if the dmm was messed up?>

It is possible. Check a 9volt battery, or something else around and see what you come up with. im curious.

Is the battery supposed to be exactly 6 volts? Because if it is then that's off .6 volts at 6 volts and could be off exponentially and at 14v could be off by more than 1.2v.. maybe.. but I'm not familiar with 6v bats

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Archived