Sonic Electronix

Installation Procedure in an 07' Escalade??

I am going to be installing my own system in a few months and I just want to get a game plan on how I am going attack this project. The car is going to be a 2007 Escalade with Nav. I do NOT plan on changing the head unit…

The components I have right now are 2 Skar MA-8 D4 and 2 sets of Skar VXI 6.5s. The rest (amps and power) is up in the air.

I will be making my own ported box for my 8's to go behind my 3rd row using one of the many designs that I have seen on here.

The next step is to get signal to the amps that I do not have yet. I have been looking into the Audiocontrol LC6i or the LCQ-1. I feel that one of these would be a better addition than just a cheap LOC… If there are better options, please let me know!!

I plan on putting the amps under the captains chairs in the back so they are going to have to be somewhat small. ( I did see a JL 1000/1v2 under one of the seats one time when I googled it.) So there is a limit on how much space I can use.

My budget is roughly $2,000 for the whole thing including the parts listed above. So roughly $1,500 left for amps, power, deadener, Big 3?, etc…

So, long story short, what should be the first step I take to make this install go smoothly and efficiently?

Should I do the power first, then the amps, then the speakers and do the Audiocontrol last?

And you guessed it, I am a SuperNoob but feel that I have the skills to do this install without too many problem because I have been reading on this site for a while now and I feel that I learn something every time I am on the site… I dabbled a little in High School so I have some knowledge in the world of car audio.

Thanks for the help guys! I know there is a ton of knowledgeable people on here that i think can help!

Thanks again!

Evan

Acura TSX

SKAR AUDIO Everything

SK 85.4

SK 1500.1

VXI 6.5 cs

RPX 6.5

2 MA-8 D4

Archived