Sundown Audio

I really appreciate man. Great company with unmatched customer service here. Lookin forward to seeing and hearing this beast of a "little" sub. Also im excited to get my first recone under my belt. I may end up buying one more in the future and repeating the process so I'll have 2 then

-James

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

I'll be using E-6000 to glue down the surround but was wondering what is best to glue the spider down? Well the black CA glue is prolly the best but I can't find any of that here in Rocky Mount.

What I did find was this:

776A8608-1AA0-46AC-B365-C90DECEB079C-5814-00000509F11A6BE9.jpg

Or should I use the Loctite 5 minute epoxy w/ mixing tubes?

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/epxy_5min/overview/Loctite-Epoxy-Instant-Mix-5-Minute.htm

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Opinions on the "extreme power glue" and the "loctite 5min epoxy w/ mixing tubes"

This will be used to glue the spider down. Also E-6000 will be used to glue the surround

-James

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

I don't know anything about the Extreme power glue, you could use the 5min epoxy since Sundown said it was possible to use it. If you do use the Extreme stuff dont use the activator if it is anything like CA I found that the activator makes it somewhat brittle. Just let it dry on its own.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I appreciate the input man. I was talkin to my father who use to own a crown & bridge lab and he used a lot of accelerators with the crown & bridge glue. He had the same opinion on the accelerators. I don't think I'll be using the "extreme power" glue. Instead I'll pick up some loctite tomorrow afternoon. Then that will be the rest of the materials for the recone. I think I might pick up some more clothes pins to go around the surround when I glue it. Once I get these 2 things I'll be ready for the recone to arrive and get it put in

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Dude you should make a burp box for this for comps haha. You'll already be killing it on power on that 2.5K

:peepwall:

One box I build for it will be a burp box and then an aero box and a slot port. Already got that one aero box but I'll build another. These small boxes are addictive. I don't think I'll put her on a 1ohm load on the Rubi. I'll prolly run @4ohm on the Rubi which I think is around 1-1.2k rms. I will buy a dedicated amp for the SA-8 tho. I want a SAZ-1200 for it but it will be a while before I get the funds

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

@wrmcs: I got some card stock ready to trim up and use to centers gap. Card stock or white printer paper? I will just keep layering it in the gap until snug then once the glue is set on the spider and surround I'll remove it. Then rough up the cone only where the dust cap will touch it then I'll glue the dust cap on and wait another day for the glue to dry

I used like, overhead paper that AQ sent me with my HDC3 recone kit. The clear stuff haha. Anything paper like would work though.

E34 540iT/6