Sonic Electronix

my box is 4.4 cubes for two twelves and is seperated. it's for to sa12's tuned at 36 hz. Minimum port diameter for round ports is 6.91 in for no port noise. i bought two sets of aeroports, 3 in and 4 in.

Question: Do I need to use both sizes or is 4 inch big enough. IF I USE BOTH what length do I make each.

thanks this would help me alot. if you need a picture of the box i can provide.

What size is the actual box cause there is no way to give you an accurate port for the enclosure as you may need 2 6" ports or 2 4" or even 3 4" ports to achieve your needs but it sounds like you don't have enough port on hand to do what is needed for the enclosure.

Is the 4.4 gross volume or is it the net volume with everything compensated for already?

If 4.4 is the gross volume you will need to make it bigger cause those subs will want more space than what you will have after all displacements.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

For that volume your looking at 3 4" ports 17" long for your 36hz tuning and i used a sub displacement of .4cf for both subs for a final net of 3.55.

Now this was with my interpretation of box size as you haven't supplied us with any info on the car or box dimensions to work off of and yes you will want to remove the center piece as you want a common chamber for them.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I would get someone to design you a new box for those sub personally so it takes everything into account and you get the best possible outcome.

Ray, James, ram designs and others can design boxes for a fee but you will get a well thought out and designed enclosure for your application.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

For that volume your looking at 3 4" ports 17" long for your 36hz tuning and i used a sub displacement of .4cf for both subs for a final net of 3.55.

Now this was with my interpretation of box size as you haven't supplied us with any info on the car or box dimensions to work off of and yes you will want to remove the center piece as you want a common chamber for them.

Actual sub displacement is .14 cubes for each sub. http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/item/sa-series.html?category_id=2

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Archived