big 3 question

Yes, the only way to maintain a higher voltage is to upgrade the alternator. All batteries do, is store the energy the alternator creates, onces it's drained. Then the Alt has to supply power for your system, as well as refeeding the batteries. The big 3 will allow all the power that is flowing through your car, to flow with the least amount of resistance. I used to idle at 13.5V on a stock 60A alt in my civic, did the big 3, now I idle at 14.5.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yes, the only way to maintain a higher voltage is to upgrade the alternator. All batteries do, is store the energy the alternator creates, onces it's drained. Then the Alt has to supply power for your system, as well as refeeding the batteries. The big 3 will allow all the power that is flowing through your car, to flow with the least amount of resistance. I used to idle at 13.5V on a stock 60A alt in my civic, did the big 3, now I idle at 14.5.

How many watts are you pushing ??

Everything in my sig, the FX1.600 does not do rated. I don't expect anymore than 450+ out of it. While driving and at full tilt, the lowest I have seen myself drop down to is a 13.3 and that was on note in the high 20's. Anything above 30Hz I don't drop below 13.5.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Thanks. Cap will be out before the night is over. And what would yall say to alt just built up bigger? Do I really need a $400 alt that puts out 270 amps for 1000 watts? I know for long run when I upgrade but for now?

how big is your stock alt?

you really dont need two batteries for a 1000w amp. a yellow top under the hood will be perfectly fine. adding more batteries takes away power from the alt. about 10 amps per battery.

Ok so I found a 145 amp alt in my price range. Will that be good enough?

What brand? Also, since you have a 80A, see if there are any places around you that will re-wind it and get some more amperage out of it. Also, Big 3 will help with the dimming.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm