Car wont start after amp install...

Installed a SSL Evolotuion 900wrms amplifier in my buddies car, wired it properly I checked every connection and the ground they all seem fine, when I unplug the amp power wire the car starts though...

I grounded the battery where the suspension/frame comes up through the wheel well, is it that? or could the amps be down

ok IDK wtf any of you are talking about with the amp still turning on, that's not what I said, I said after I unplugged the amp wire from the battery, the car starts; where-as before the car wouldn't start with the amp power wire plugged into the battery.. the problem was the fuse in the amp's power wire, the metal rings on the outside were shit(they came unattached from the actual fuse itself inside the plastic tube) the same thing that happened to me on my first install I should have known to look there first, I replaced it with a new 60a scorpion fuse and works just fine. I'm assuming the car wouldn't start because the battery was going bad and the shitty fuse or w/e was dropping the voltage too far, and the car didn't let itself start due to the bad voltage or some shit like that. I'm in no way an expert but what I did was change the fuse and that fixed it, troubleshooting fixes everything but I made this thread because I didn't want to spend 5 hours troubleshooting.... thanks for looking tho.

I'm glad your issue was fixed but your explanation still makes no sense. I had a long drawn out response debunking your diagnosis and subsequent explanation but since you have corrected the issue there is no sense in me beating a dead horse. You got it working good for you :good:

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I'm glad your issue was fixed but your explanation still makes no sense. I had a long drawn out response debunking your diagnosis and subsequent explanation but since you have corrected the issue there is no sense in me beating a dead horse. You got it working good for you :good:

I know man.. doesn't make sense to me either, the only other thing it could be is the battery was almost completely dead, when I unplugged the amp wire we had to jump start the car one time, maybe that charged the battery a bit

Nah, beat that horse dead man. Beat it so it's kid's kid's will feel it. Lol.

I am along those same lines as them though. Bad fuse would mean amp doesn't work... since that's how it always works. Blow a fuse and it doesn't work. I blew a fuse, okay I actually melted it since it was a bad fuse holder, for my headlights and everything worked fine cept my headlights. So I would have to say your whole jumping the car thing is what fixed it. I'm not saying that the first fuse was good, but a fuse for the amp preventing the car from starting? Nah.

In any case, glad it all worked out and fixed. That's all that matters.

Sheena = pedobear

It was for sure his battery it was tested afterwards, the fuse was also bad tho so it was good that I replacrd that anyways. Those cheap amp kits usually come with free problems if you catch my drift.. But ya new battery and it runs great now n great sound from the subs

Archived