Street Stock Questions

bench

Hi

i was wondering if anyone can fill me in on a few questions i have about a few street stock rules fo DB Drag.

!. i currently have a Mojo 2000d rated 2000 watts at 2 ohms at 13.8 volts I'm wondering if this is an acceptable amp because it also has a rating at 2400 watts at 15.5 volts.

2. can i do more then a single run of ground and power to compete?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi

i was wondering if anyone can fill me in on a few questions i have about a few street stock rules fo DB Drag.

!. i currently have a Mojo 2000d rated 2000 watts at 2 ohms at 13.8 volts I'm wondering if this is an acceptable amp because it also has a rating at 2400 watts at 15.5 volts.

2. can i do more then a single run of ground and power to compete?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

well if its rated by the manufacture to do more then 2k i would say no then.BUT im no judge.as for the wire I have yet to see a rule about how much you can have.

here is a good link about amps for street stock http://audioforum.termpro.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=150887

As of 2012:

The rule is amps rated at no more then 2000w. Long as the rms stated by manufacture is not over 2000 watts your fine.

Any rating above 2000w at any voltage or ohm level by the manufacture would deem the amp in violation of rule.

no we are not clamping going by mfg specs

you both should read this then http://audioforum.termpro.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=150887

As of 2012:

The rule is amps rated at no more then 2000w. Long as the rms stated by manufacture is not over 2000 watts your fine.

Any rating above 2000w at any voltage or ohm level by the manufacture would deem the amp in violation of rule.

so if i buy a dc 2k and it states 2400 on 16 volts that amp is no good even though im not using 16 volts?

As of 2012:

no we are not clamping going by mfg specs

you both should read this then http://audioforum.te...ad.php?t=150887

i have read that

we watch the list of amps that are deemed illigal after being clampped but sorry unless wayne or you buy us a clamp meter it is not a requerment for us to do so

and yes if it has a listed rating of 2400 watts at 16 volts even if your not using 16 volts its no good

remeber this is a class for for the small wallet or new compitors that have not done the whole go big or go home mind set yet

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived