i found these subs on sale online and i am just wondering how well of subs they are. i was wanting to go with 2 12vvx's but i think for the time being i would like to go with just 2 vvx 8's instead then maybe 4 in the future.

just wondering on reviews of these subs what kind of enclosures people have been using for them just anything helpful.

99 Gmc sierra extended cab

front speakers: DB drive 6.5

back speakers: DB drive 6.5

amp: none right not

subs: none right now

Future

waiting to get my 2 skar vvw 8s installed

well hopefully someone on here with these subs will chime in and let us know how they are. it would be greatly appreciated if they did.

Future

a search helped me on my quest. From what I gathered the skar ma-8 fit my needs a bit better, It can handle a bit more power. I was going to go with the vvx 8 until I read on the ma-8. Just search around, skar is some good stuff. They dont requre much room and can get pretty loud for a small driver. I would not compare them to a sa8 though, I believe the sa8 is more of a spl sub and the vvx more of a sq sub.

i wish i could get the MA-8s but im a little tight on money right now and i know thats not an excuse. but i just need some sort of bass back in my truck so i believe i am going to try out these vvx's. Plus i found these vvx 8's on sale for 100 a piece.

Future

I would try them out, the specs are nice and you cant beat the price. What amp are you using?

well i have a db800.1 from a couple years ago or a mtx jackhammer 1200.1 which is probably the one ill be using for them but not to sure yet.

Future

that jackhammer is 800 rms@ 2 ohms. get two dual 2 ohm vvx8s and wire them in series. I would say a .6-.75 cucf net box ported tuned to 33-35 range. Should sound very good for two 8s on 400 watts a piece. good news is if you decide to upgrade to the ma-8 later it will work in that same box :)

Edited by Daniel Shepard

that jackhammer is 800 rms@ 2 ohms. get two dual 2 ohm vvx8s and wire them in series. I would say a .6-.75 cucf net box ported tuned to 33-35 range. Should sound very good for two 8s on 400 watts a piece. good news is if you decide to upgrade to the ma-8 later it will work in that same box :)

thanks man for the help.

Future