I have a 1990 Oldsmobile delta 88 and it's got one bulb for high beam and one for low, both 9004 bulbs. I got an hid kit and it came with one bulb, a 9004-2, that's supposed to have a high and low beam both in one bulb. My question is how does this work? There's 4 wires going to the bulb, two for the hid, then two smaller ones that go to what looks like a halogen filament. So is the halogen supposed to light up when I turn my brights on, and the hid shut off or are they both supposed to be on when I activate the brights? Does anyone know how this works? Because originally, I had one bulb for brights, and a separate for lows.

if i may ask where did you buy your hids? there should only be 2 wires that run to your bulb and an input for your factory harness on the ballist. some of the kits come with an exstention piece. and they should act as a normal light. in my honest opinion you dont need brights with hids. lows are just as bright. and make sure to disable you day time running lights if you have them. it will burn up your ballist

08 Ford F150

from what I have seen on those bulbs, the two other wires are designed to go to a relay and they actually activate an actuator that moves the bulb in and out and changes the focus in the housing, that is how they achieve low and high beam with the hid kits, your kit should have came with a harness and a relay all ready to go especially if you got it from ddm tuning with the high low beam setup

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Archived