Sonic Electronix

My friend is starting off a new build for his car.(*I am helping since I know all the basic dc electronics junk n love hard hitting bass as much as the next bass head*) It ain't a pritty car to look at but it gets from point a to point b. The car is a 01' toyota carolla and I am willing to do some fabrication if need be. I have run the calculations and I can see only running less then 1000 watts total in the car with the only 80 amp alternator that it runs. I would love to upgrade it for him so he can get more power out of his system. Sadly, I do not see that happening as I can not find anything "proformence" for the vehicle. It will be a "buy as we go" build so I think at this point some price point would be roughly a grand roughly.

My friend tells me he wants his system to hit hard with a newer head unit (also to be bought durring the build). So, at this point I am looking for any information I can get my hands on. The front door speakers are 6.5" speakers while the rear are a slightly smaller 6.5" speaker which makes for some interesting modifications since the "stock" dull OEM speakers ARE by no way normal.

Any help at all would be great. ^_^

First of all you can run 1000w amp on a 80 amp alt. you gotta do the big 3 upgrade and add a second battery or even just upgrade the stock battery..a head unit is not gonna make a difference is spl just sq if that, will it hit hard? Idk depends on box, car and a lot of others

Archived