DC Sound Lab

Does anyone have any numbers on the 7.5 run at. .35ohms

First off let me start with this. If you run any DC amp below 1 ohm, you WILL void your warranty.

Now lets get to the lesson.

If you are asking this question, then you have no clue about nominal and reactive ohm loads and should not be wiring any amplifier below 1 ohm.

Nominal Ohm Load= What you are wired to at the amp before any signal is applied. Example- If you have 2 Dual 2 ohms subs wired in parallel, then you would be seeing a .5ohm load at the amp.

Reactive Ohm Load= actual ohm load seen by the amp once a signal is applied to the sub. Example- If you have 2 Dual 2 ohm subs wired in parallel down to .5 ohm nominal and then apply a signal to the subs, now the subs are effected by different variables that cause impedance rise.

Moral of the story is, if you dont have a reactive ohm load of 1 ohm, the amp will protect and it will put out 0 watts.

So you still want to know how much power the 7.5k will put out, 7500w at 1 ohm reactive and 12v.

If you see .35 ohm reactive at the amp, then you probably just cost yourself $1000 repair bill because your amp is gonna go boom.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Check out dc98hoe's build log.

http://www.stevemead...g/page__st__420

His numbers arent right. His rise has to be higher for those numbers. 200.3/86.9 isnt 1.7 so he isnt rising to .85 per amp. Plus I dont see an ending voltage.

I would like to know what people are clamping their 7.5ks at. Can anyone give me some numbers? If you dont have final impedance and voltage then I dont want to know.

I clamped just over 9000w from my 7.5k when I had it. Starting at .7 and rising to 1.1. I believe my voltage was 15.8v. If you dig back through the pages of threads here, there is a thread with my posted numbers.