Mega cab 4 18's in a 4th --- 157+db on music

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you secure the door panels to the door? Obviously the stock hardware was not going to cut it for the extra weight correct?

There was a few factory screw holes but they were all cut out. My plan was to make some aluminum bars threaded at both ends and bolt them to the panel and to the door skin. It turned out that I didn't really need to. I may if I have problems later on but I haven't yet. There are a bunch of hooks on the back side that clip down into the door skin, those alone wont really hold it on though. However, there is also a large lip that runs the length of the top of the panel that sits inside a track. With the added thickness of the glass and vinyl it ended up fitting in there really snug. I have to push down on it with almost all my weight to get it to snap in. Once its snapped in it doesn't move, and its not easy to get it off either.

Dodge Ram Mega cab

4 18in Xcon's in a 4th order

158.2 at 39hz

156.0 at 27hz

• 4 months later...

Awesome build looks crazy loud.

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Coming Soon!!!

In the doors 6 6.5 pwx's and 4 ft1's

4 skar vvx 15s walled

amps ct sounds 125.4

and a crescendo 3500

singer 270 amp alt

3 xs d3100

Super SWEET!

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

How did you reinforce your door hinges from the added weight from the speakers? Would the doors start to sag over time?

'01 2DR GMC JimmyPioneer DEH-6300UBMB Quart 6.5'sSoundown Audio SA 8 V2'sMTX RT-202 GONEAudiopipe AP-1800.1D GONE

Bass-less :angry2:

How did you reinforce your door hinges from the added weight from the speakers? Would the doors start to sag over time?

They have not been reinforced, hopefully they will hold up to the weight. They did sag about 1/4 of an inch with the extra weight, enough that they wouldn't even close without pulling up. I used a floor jack to lift them and aligned the hinges a little better to compensate for the sag.

Dodge Ram Mega cab

4 18in Xcon's in a 4th order

158.2 at 39hz

156.0 at 27hz

The doors and console looks badass!! good job!!!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Archived