XS Power

.5 ohms vs 1ohm on my electrical.

Stupidest shit I did was wire my 3.5k at .5 on bone stock electrical, saw instant LOW on the stinger volt meter then I resided to 2 ohm, never again will I wire below 1ohm

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Now do you guys that have beefed up electrical have any voltage drop? Right now I'm dropping to 12.8 on the low lows.

What are you using to read the voltage? I went and installed another 18 the other night and thought about it for a while and decided to wire to 0.35 ( knowing that i dont have the electrical, but you wont know till you try it ). I went around the corner and played full tilt. Stinger meter read 13.4v at full tilt, measured with my multimeter at the same time = 11.1v full tilt! So now i dont play my music at all until i can get my boy to come through and help me pull this sub back out and wire to 1.4.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Trust me, i dont go past battery voltage or i turn it down, normally 12.6 volts. I played music for maybe 5-10 sec and seen the 11.1 and backed it off quick. I knew i didnt have the electrical, and confirmed it with that. But I knew the risk of trying it. Its going to be hard to go to 1.4 since I heard the potential, but I'll try something new next year.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

this thread has officially made me scared. i know iv asked in the past and yet i still wired at .5. but now that iv heard i can be causing damage even if my amp isn't getting warm scares the crap out of me. i'm going to wire to 2 ohm this wknd and order a xs d3100. hopefully soon ill be looking in to a singer alt.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2005 ford explorer xlt limited 4x4

2 xs power d3400s

2 runs of shca

mid/ highs- infinity 6x8 3 ways

2 18 ssa icons

2 aq 1200.1 @ 2 ohms

10 cubes tuned to 36 hrz

Look at that, someone decided to use that lump of grey matter between their ears.

yeah it doesnt happen all too often tho.

2005 ford explorer xlt limited 4x4

2 xs power d3400s

2 runs of shca

mid/ highs- infinity 6x8 3 ways

2 18 ssa icons

2 aq 1200.1 @ 2 ohms

10 cubes tuned to 36 hrz