XS Power

.5 ohms vs 1ohm on my electrical.

Look at that, someone decided to use that lump of grey matter between their ears.

x2. Not sure why people would want to wire to .5 if they aren't 1-a damn guru 2-willing to take the risk of losing potentially thousands of dollars (depends on amp and all that) and 3-if their setup is already loud for them. Me for example, I'd never want .5 ohms no matter the electrical or whatnot cause my system? Does me proud. Sure, may not be 150db but as someone said somewhere on here recently... if it's good for you, great. So although I'm not putting up those magical numbers like everyone, I also don't care since I like mine. So stupid to even try .5 if you're happy with your setup and such.

I can understand trying it for like a ride around the block just to see though, but hooking it up for good? Get outta here...

Sheena = pedobear

Actually it quite isn't .5 I took the dmm and it reads .7

Still running strong at full tilt. The weird thing is my amp will not get hott. Warm yes. I'm actually getting a new batt soon so hopefully the voltage drop isn't so harsh (14.3-12.7) I would put this on the same category as overpowering subs if you have everything set right you should be fine. But I'm using at my own risk and know what a 300 dollar paper weight will look like. Lol but hey its car audio and we change set ups every year ;)

actually touch the leads of your dmm together and subtract that from your final load.

so you drop to 12.7? you know thats well into your batteries resting voltage right? Do you know what happens when you start doing that frequently?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

actually touch the leads of your dmm together and subtract that from your final load.

so you drop to 12.7? you know thats well into your batteries resting voltage right? Do you know what happens when you start doing that frequently?

Correct,....

and

Correct again....

Id shit a little green apple if i saw mid 13's, (when i did, id stop, and correct or add)...... full wang, and after many/much songs/time

I also believe in more than plenty when it came to electrical/supply/bank and such.........

• 8 years later...