Sonic Electronix

Hey guys. I'm pretty new to the scene. Looking to upgrade my system completely, but I don't know what to get. Just looking for suggestions. Possibly a new deck, new door speakers, and a new set of subs.

I want something that really hits hard. As clear as it can be, but still a lot of deep bass. Something impressive, and better than the typical two 12" set up. I want people to hear me coming before they see me, and to know I got a decent system when they hear it.

I'm gonna put it in a 1983 Camaro with a hatchback setup. I currently have Sony Xplod door speakers (one is shorting out) and an old Pioneer deck from like 2006. The trunk space is kind of weird, as it's terraced, but hopefully that won't be a problem.

Anyway, feel free to drop some advice. Hopefully I can land something in the $200 - $800 price range. Although I would entertain $1,000 for something exceptional. Thanks peeps!

camaro1o.jpg

camaro2d.jpg

camaro3q.jpg

camaro4f.jpg

camaro5c.jpg

camaro6.jpg

Sorry to break it to you man, but a new deck, speakers, amp, subs, and wiring for a loud system will be over $1000. You could get a pretty decent sub stage for $1000 if you wanted.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Do you have any measurements of the recessed spot in the trunk? I'd be willing to bet you could fit two 10's in there in a ported box. You could look into Sundown SA-10's (about 200 a piece) and then try to find an amp that can push somewhere between 1000 and 2000 watts rms. The SAZ-1500 would be a nice match for it, however they're a bit pricy. You can always browse around in the classifieds section as well.

Anyways, I probably won't be much help when it comes to mids and highs, so hopefully someone else with some more knowledge than me will chime in!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

How much are you ready to spend on a system for this car right now?

Measure out the space you have in the back for subs?

How much space you willing to lose in the car period?

How big is the stock alt?

Will you be doing this install yourself?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Nice Camaro bro. I own (currently for sale) a 93. The t-top area is great for an enclosure but, for numbers its tough. The box I use takes up the space above the rear end with one 12 firing up and two ports firing back. I thought that year Camaro had 4x6 in the dash and that's really it.

I recommend to keep you within budget, Upgrade all inside speakers to a speaker only company ie. Focal, Boston, Model and so on. For head units something with three pre outs to control front rear and sub plus whatever features you want (iPod,Bluetooth,usb). Then, a solid five channel with at least 500 watts on sub Channel.

$1000 I could do that locally.....

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions so far! Helping me out lots.

As for the questions from IBleedMusick:

How much are you ready to spend on a system for this car right now?

Somewhere in the $200 to $1,000 range. I could settle for just subs for now if I can't afford new door speakers and deck.

Measure out the space you have in the back for subs?

The recessed spot in the back of the trunk measures 27" by 10", and the larger space on top is measured 40" by 19".

How much space you willing to lose in the car period?

I'm willing to lose all trunk space for something epic.

How big is the stock alt?

Im not really sure, but here's a picture I took of the alt.

Will you be doing this install yourself?

Hopefully I will, possibly with the help of some friends that know more than I do about wiring.

Also added some pictures of my battery and where everything is at under the hood.

Thanks for the help.

Recessed Space at the Bottom:

dscf7827r.jpg

Larger Space on Top:

dscf7838.jpg

Alternator:

dscf7852x.jpg

Battery:

dscf7859.jpg

Where everything is at under the hood:

dscf7848t.jpg

Nice car! My buddy had a 92 camaro with a sealed box in the very back. He had 2 12 inch kicker comps and for what they were that system was loud.

After he got some cash we built a box and took his back seats out. The box just laid there where the seats went and it was pretty simple. He had 2 15's in at the time.

With stock electrical I recommend 2 10's or 12's MAYBE 15's but that's pushing it. Go with Sundown SA series, AQ 2.5's or 2's, Skar Audio VVX, etc.

Welcome to the board!

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

Check the for sale section, theres a rockford P1000-1 for your subs and a P400-4 for the highs their priced nicely...

That would be a solid start

Then 2 sundown e series subs..they r priced extremely fair.

Just seen your electrical... You need a solid battery maybe get two of those platinum diehard? Or duralast? One of those is an agm style, get that one. Check knukonceptz for wiring. Do the big three.. Maybe alternator if you do your homework a chevy truck alt I think will bolt up there and offer more amps.

thats about 1000$ lol. imo thats a pretty decent setup

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors